Jayne presented a table full of Cushing's info...

• Chief Cushie

Jayne presented a table full of Cushing's info at her local Health Fair. She plans to set up something similar at the NIH Health and Wellness Fair May 15th. Double click on any photo to view fullsized.

tn_JayneAwareness1_jpg.jpg tn_JayneAwareness2_jpg.jpg

• Chief Cushie

• 2 years later...
  • Over 2000 Posts

Thanks for doing so much to increase awareness, Jayne! Did you get a good response; people asking questions, etc.?

Thanks Mary and Jayne! It looks like you put a lot of work into that. I'm curious also to see if you had many people take an interest. Every bit helps!love,melly in nv

Thanks Mary and Jayne! It looks like you put a lot of work into that. I'm curious also to see if you had many people take an interest. Every bit helps!love,melly in nv
ETA: Honestly, I wonder what my life would have been like if I had seen a display like that 10 years ago. Way to go Jayne!

• Over 2000 Posts

Awesome booth Jayne! :.) Really, really nice.

And good for you guys Judy, Justin and Jess. Hope it is one very successful day. :.)

You know... this is a media worthy event. :.) Maybe someone could call a health reporter and say you'll be there tomorrow with the times... and stress you have 3 family members with Cushing's, rare disease and that you have a health booth to inform people about Cushing's... I bet they'd pick up the story in a heart beat and the booth would be a great backdrop for the news piece... You could try a couple big papers and a news station or two maybe... You basically can also call the news desk and ask to speak to a health reporter. You may get voice mail, but ya never know what could happen. And if not today, they might do a story another time. :.) Just an idea... :.)

xoxoxo, Lisa E.

Lisa,

I think the local paper is going to do a story but not during the health fair.

We don't have a health desk!!! I think everybody has two jobs. The closest big paper is an hour and a half away, don't know if they'd be interested or not. They do cover all of NW KS. We'll see.

Judy

• Over 2000 Posts

That is awesome and brave and wonderful!

Where is the NIH thing?

Jayne,

Your display looked very appealing to the eyes! Great job! I just listened to the broadcast and it was a great show! You've been through a lot and sound like a real trouper! You have a great story worth getting out there! Kudos to you for all of your awareness efforts!

Hugs!

Gracie

Hey, you guys are great!!! Thanks.

steal away...

the other site has a write up on how i put the booth together. I thought it was easy, but I used to be an elem teacher.

Hi Jo! Things are behaving. I just wish I had more energy, I still need naps everynow and then. Not sure if it's running and trying to keep up with my kids. Thanks for asking. Please Pm me if ya'll go back to NIH.

As for NIH, I am not sure when they will have another health fair. keep peeking on these boards for info or go to NIH.com.

Oh yeah-- I called another place having a health fair in March. They wanted $$$$ 475 from me to rent space!!! HA

As for the booth itself, there were around 300-350 women attending. I passed out my own flyer( with symptoms, information sources, web sites, and brief overview) to to all who whould take it. This is my 4th year at the womens forum, so there is about a 75 person turn over. The day is so wonderful many ladies return year after year. I had about 25 women stop and ask more questions and several conversations.

I really do so much better with phone conversations if any one really needs help with advocacy. PM your phone number and the best times to call. I can answer more questions that way.

Always remember to put out chocolate at your booth! Dark chocolate by dove is "healthy"

Jayne