Idea- wrist bands

ErinG

I don't know if this is a stupid idea and I don't know where we could get some made, but you know those wrist bands that everybody wears, I was thinking maybe the Cushies should get some made. It is just an idea. These are those Lance Armstrong wrist bands if anyone knows what I am talking about. I was thinking having them in a combination of two colors- yellow and blue- the Cush colors. Yellow on one side and blue on the other. IT is just an idea. I thought of it while I was up late one night.

Erin B)

I was thinking we could start a fund raiser with these....who knows?????

Erin B)

Hey Erin,

I think that is a great idea, I wear the breast cancer one most days.

Hugs,

Canasa

Wrist bands are very popular right now. Have you seen the news about the braclets for anorexics and bulimics, red for anorexic and blue for bulimia. Just need to be careful that people don't take things wrong.

• Over 2000 Posts

I wear the white 'Make Poverty History' wrist band. Lot's of charities are using this as a way of promoting their causes - I think it's a fantastic idea.

Diane

• Over 2000 Posts

I wear the white 'Make Poverty History' wrist band. Lot's of charities are using this as a way of promoting their causes - I think it's a fantastic idea.

Diane

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

I agree. I likely don't have Cushings, but I'd love to have one just the same since now so many Cushie friends *hugs* :rolleyes:

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Even if we weren't able to set it up, we could all agree on a specific brand to buy from and color and go for it.

There are many sites online that do custom jobs.

Of course, if we could sell them ourselves, it would be awesome, but I'm just saying if it is too much trouble, there are other options.

I just really like the idea. I currently don't wear any accessories of any type (besides my clothes :rolleyes:), but I'd love this.

• Over 2000 Posts

Thanks- I'll check into those websites.

Erin :)

I'm gonna ask my mother for some ideas.

She's worked with the United Way, Apronstrings(Grandparents raising grandchildren), and other charity groups. She may have some good ideas. She is very resourseful. She researched her ansestory to become a member of DAR(Daughters of the American Revolution). It might even help her with the feeling of being helpless to do anything for me, like all mothers feel.

Hello.

I am curious to know more about what a non-cushie can do about awareness or support. Until recently I have not had any knowledge of this at all. Thanks to a good friend who lead me to this site, I now have some basic knowledge. I would just be curious as to what a person can do for cushies in terms of getting the word out to the state and federal governments that this is all very real.

I see a state (Wisconsin) senator quite often and would like to know if anything could be done at the state level to help.

Any input will be appreciated.

Eric

• Chief Cushie
Hello.

I am curious to know more about what a non-cushie can do about awareness or support. Until recently I have not had any knowledge of this at all. Thanks to a good friend who lead me to this site, I now have some basic knowledge. I would just be curious as to what a person can do for cushies in terms of getting the word out to the state and federal governments that this is all very real.

I see a state (Wisconsin) senator quite often and would like to know if anything could be done at the state level to help.

Any input will be appreciated.

Eric

Thanks, Eric! There are lots of ideas on here on how to spread the word: Cushing's Awareness Day, April 8 has ideas about writing to Senators, Congress people and such. Spread the Word has ideas for newspaper articles, CUSH Medical Brochures to had out to doctors, anyone who could use them.

Awareness Day has lists of Senators, Congress people and some sample letters.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I also think this would be a great idea. If we were able to get these made, I think it would be a great fundraiser.

WONDERFUL idea!

I also think the colors of yellow and blue would be nice. If possible a marble effect so the bands do no get confused with some of the other bands out there.

mars72 :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies. Mary sorry my computer has been out. I was going to do some research on the bands and sure enough you beat me to it. Thanks for doing this. I think a lot of people would wear them. I know my family and friends would and of course myself.

erin :wub: