Car Ribbon Magnets License Plate Frames

MaryO

Interests...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a LARGE wristband (other sizes still available)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you be interested in a Coconut Shell Bracelet?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you be interested in a Coconut Shell Necklace?

• Yes
    • No

• Over 2000 Posts

We want "Got Hump?" tshirts!!!!! Great idea Jen!!

But Barb...we'll pass on the thongs...lol...we try to keep our undies outta there instead of intentionally putting them there.. :angry2:

Tami and Amber

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Over 2000 Posts

Mary,

Would love to have some car magnets & braclets.

Jen, the "got Hump" idea is hilarious........as long as it gets attention or starts a conversation, then it's worth it. :angry2:

Mary, I think our next round of t-shirts should have a v-neck or scoop neck to off set our "chins".....:wacko:

GREAT ideas!

• Over 2000 Posts

uhm, I have an idea for a shirt. Or the beginnings of an indea anyway...

Why don't we take a clue from Amber, and create one with the Cush awareness ribon, like her Tattoo?

I think something like that would be eye-catching, espeically with the location of the ribon and the proximity of the hump....

• Over 2000 Posts

When I get a diagnosis, I plan on getting a t-shirts for my immdediate family, including my close friends and every doctor involved, magnets for my entire family and a huge bouquet of flowers for my primary care doctor that first brought it up. It's not just my story, everyone around me is being affected by this too, I'm sure they have some war stories of their own!. :blush:

I like the T-shirt idea of Crystal and Jen with the Got Hump? on the front and then the ribbon on the back in the hump-zone with Cushing's Help and Support under that. That should get attention!

Mary, thank you again for this site, and every thoughtful thing you do on it including ordering goodies for us to purchase. I know that can be a pain and you are so gracious about it!

butt butt butt... if we get the thongs we can all show up at our cushings awareness day parade whereing our low cut blue jeans with our "cushings ribbon thongs " hanging out the back. and we can all bend over and moon the capital building at the same time.

oh that wont work i forgot. in support of kate and all our other sergery girls we are gonna march on washington in our oversized hospital gowns and our ugly socks. HEY. I KNOW... LETS COMBINE THE TWO . i am sso excited. we can have our oversized hospital gowns and OUR CUSHINGS THONGS. that way when the parade for cushings awareness is over we can all turn and bow. .......

i cant wait for this parade. the mental images are enough to stimulate even the foggiest brain.

love

barb

License plate frame (1), Cushing's ribbon magnets (2), Dog T-Shirt (1), Hooded Sweatshirt (1)

Hi Mary! These are the products I would be interested in getting as well as the quantities! Thanks!

• Chief Cushie

There are already bracelets available - they've been around for at least a couple years and I've had to reorder them several times. There's a link at the top of every page here that ways "WristBands" and the link is http://www.cushings-interactive.com/oscommerce2/

I haven't yet found a place that is reasonable to do the car magnets yet unless we were to go with one color.

I can put any saying that anyone wants on a T-Shirt, etc if you let me know what you want.

Right now it looks like the site where the T-shirts are is down or there's something weird going on with the internet. The usual link is http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.as...rt,cushpersonal and I'm not sure what is going to happen, if they went out of business or what :blink:

• Over 2000 Posts

It worked Mary - and I made up a prototype for ya! :blink:

c991191c87.jpg

• Chief Cushie

Cute! I like that :wub:

I thought you wanted that on the back, by the hump - or not?

I see that Cafe Press is back up, too, so the link I posted earlier should work :P

• Over 2000 Posts

I think on the hump should be the "Amber tattoo". How would that be?

• Chief Cushie
Count me in on 3-4 of the magnetic ribbons and the same for the wrist bands.

Kathy Z

The wrist bands are available now, and have been for at least a year or two, from http://cushings-interactive.com/oscommerce2/

Still working on the magnetic ribbons, though. Like the bracelets, that is something I would have to order in quantity and ship out from my home

We could put the Amber Tattoo on the back - if she agreed! - but that has the year on it, and we all have different years :wub:

If Amber agrees, we could do that and take out the year, though...

MaryO, what if you take "pre-orders" for the magnetic ribbons? How many would you need from us to make up one order? We could pay you ahead of time for them. Could we use the PayPal site to do it and email you to let you know that's what we are doing? I'd like to order several myself.

Hugs!

Robin

• Over 2000 Posts

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Got Hump on the front and Amber's ribbon on the back at the site of the hump....without the year of course because everyone's year could be different!!

Tami and Amber

PS...and Robin the idea about pre-ordering car magnets is a good one...count us in for a couple if that happens.

• Chief Cushie
It worked Mary - and I made up a prototype for ya! :P

c991191c87.jpg

Thanks, Jen - I was thinking of doing something like that for the front, then a ribbon on the hump like Amber's tattoo.

The question that I have is would people want one that said "survivor" on it or just the ribbon on the hump?

If it said survivor and the hump, would you want the year? That would be a little more tricky, like a special order.

I could make ones with just the ribbon, just the ribbon and survivor and then a series of years but I could only put those up one at a time, unless I opened a "professional" store which, of course, co$t$ and we don't do that kind of volume to make it worthwhile.

I have 2 thoughts on the survivor + year... there could be a week that the number was 2000, then 2001 the next week etc and cycle around.

OR they could be more by special order. Like Jen writes that she wants her year, she orders that and writes to me that the order is complete.

Then I take the next special request, put that up for awhile, then when that is ordered move on to the next one.

I'm more inclined to go with # 1. Then, everyone from the last 52 years could at least get one this year :)

I think I'd start with my year, though, 1987 since I don't know of anyone here earlier than that. I'd guess there's a big jump, too up to about 1996 or so.

Any thoughts? Or I'll start collecting year numbers to work on if people want those :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Car magnets - it seems fairly expensive to do the 2 color ones :( Yellow seems to indicate Support Our Troops. Is there interest for the light blue?

An alternative, if you have an inkjet printer that feeds fairly straight through rather than curving the paper around.

There is magnetic paper that you can print on but it's a little too thick to curve around in the nonstraight printer because the backing peels off.

But, if you want to experiment with printing your own magnets, I could do an image...

I'm still looking for a reasonable place to get 2-color ribbons, though. It looks like there would have to be a pre-order at least from what I've seen so far.

• Over 2000 Posts

Well, as much as I like the original... probably would be easier just to do a plain ribbon or without the word survivor - just Cushing's in the hump position and we would know where the inspiration came from.

At least it may make people ask questions - both the hump and the position of the ribbon might make people think a bit... I hope. Might have to make the website a bit bigger - my prototype got too small.

• Chief Cushie

Here's a back sample. Unfortunately, that's as high as I can get the hump using the CafePress site.

What do you think?

ribbon24-cafe-back.gif

• Chief Cushie

And a possible front...

ribbon24-cafe-front.gif

I can move the web address up like Jen did. Thoughts?

• Chief Cushie

Here's how the images look on a *few* items http://www.cafepress.com/cushingshelp

That neon green looks ghastly! LOL

• Chief Cushie

So far on the ribbon magnets - I'd have to get a minimum of 125 but there can be 2 colors and a logo on that.