Car Ribbon Magnets License Plate Frames

MaryO

Interests...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a LARGE wristband (other sizes still available)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you be interested in a Coconut Shell Bracelet?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you be interested in a Coconut Shell Necklace?

• Yes
    • No

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Hi Mary,

I love the tanks and t-shirts!

I personally don't care much for the web address lower on the "belly".

I would either like to see it up under the "got hump" or maybe even on the back under the ribbon?!?!?

Just my opinion and thanks for putting them up to see! :)

Dawn

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chief Cushie

Good ideas! To put it under the hump would mean that the ribbon would have to be a bit smaller, but that's ok.

Other ideas?

Image changed to make it higher on the front. How's that for speedy service? LOL

• Chief Cushie

Unfortunately, to put the ribbon that high up on the back, there was only 4 inches high allotted to that space. It is 10 inches wide, if you wanted to put something off to the side or maybe the web info very small underneath. Of the 4 inches, I made the ribbon about 3.8 inches high. That could be smaller, but it still wouldn't be possible to move the url any lower than the 4 inch limit.

If it were a regular back, there would be 10 inches of height to play with - but the ribbon wouldn't be over the hump anymore :)

The web address doesn't have to be on there at all, though.

• Over 2000 Posts

I like the ribbon plain... but that is just me... I will get a few for gifts! Of course, large sizes...

Wonder if my brother will wear one? :P

• Chief Cushie

Here's another possible back

ribbon24-cafe-back-1987.gif

• Over 2000 Posts

OK . . . . my eyes hurt too bad and I'm too dizzy to go back and read this entire thread. How did I miss it anyway? :P

But, sounds like your working on t-shirts . . . . .? If so, count me in. I would take at least two because my husband is a survivor also . . . . . he survived me having cushings. :wub:

Sorry I'm so out of it,

Amy

• Chief Cushie

Amy, we have had a "Cushing's Support Staff" series of shirts for several years. There was one year we had a conference with several husbands who wore those.

You can see one of them here

Support Staff

The small words say "Taking good care of our family and friends"

• Over 2000 Posts

Would I be too much of a PITA to say... one with survivor, one without, and no years as that gets too complicated?

Otherwise Amber is going to look funny wearing this - a year on the shirt, a year on her neck... it is going to cause accidents. Good thing she is in the business of helping them...

• Over 2000 Posts

Mary O, you've outdone yourself!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM....I kinda like the floursent green one too....reminds me of urine...LOL

We both love the ribbon with 'cushing's survivor' curved and the year in the bottom of the ribbon but....we, too think that it'd be so much easier to just leave off the year and offer 'survivor' and one with 'disease'...so that both sets of people can order...

again....love love love them!!!

• Over 2000 Posts
...reminds me of urine...LOL

Ain't she a pisser!

I love 'em too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

Ok, this is getting confusing! There are the Got Hump? Shirts now with just a ribbon. Those items start with The Cushie "Got Hump?" in the title.

The Cushie SURVIVOR ones have a ribbon on the back that says Cushie Survivor. Those items start with Cushie Survivor "Got Hump?" in the title.

There is a dog shirt, just in case, too :)

There are children's items available, too (none in the store yet) - anyone interested in those?

See everything at in the Cushie Store

• 1 month later...
  • Chief Cushie

CafePress (where all the stuff is) has these additional items. Any of the current images could be added to these, if anyone is interested:

- Kids Dark T-shirt: black, navy, royal, red

- Plus Size Scoop Neck T-shirt: white

- Plus Size Scoop Neck Dark T-shirt: black

- Plus Size V-neck T-shirt: white

- Plus Size V-neck Dark T-shirt: black

• 2 months later...
  • Chief Cushie

I'm down to the last 3 large wristbands ( http://www.cushings-interactive.com/oscommerce2/ ). I'm not sure if anyone is interested in the large size anymore.

I'd hate to order more and be stuck with them, BUT I don't want anyone to miss out if they do want them.

I have to order a minimum number and, of course, the more I order at a time, the cheaper the price.

The company also has these available:

shell_bracelet.jpg

shell_necklace.jpg

Coconut Shell Bracelets and Necklaces

Express yourself in a whole new way with our brand new Coconut Shell bracelets and necklaces! The strands are made from hemp with hand-crafted coconut shell. The coconut shell is one-of-a-kind because they are shaped and carved by hand. The bracelet is also reinforced with a leather strip on the top half of the bracelet. You don't need to worry if it is going to fit right or be the exact length that you want. Each has a very simple, smooth, and easy method to resize the bracelet or necklace. With both of these products you can design your own phrase or artwork to put on the coconut shell. Put a phrase, team logo, or whatever you want! Your imagination is the limit!

Features:

* Natural Hemp Material

* Hand-crafted Coconut Shell

* Adjustable Size (One size fits all!)

* Customizable Design

Would anyone be interested in those? I would have to order a minimum of 20 of those.

By the way, just as postage went up for regular mail, the shipping is not 4.60 for US priority mail (first pound) :(

If you're interested in any/all of these, the poll is at the top of the thread or you can discuss it here :)

Could you make a shirt for us kids....one that says something like "Tough Lil' Cushie"...or something like that?

-Jessie

• Chief Cushie

Thanks for the suggestion, Jessie!

Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

If so, what image(s) would you like on it?

Do you like the ribbon on the back like the Got Hump shirts have?

• Chief Cushie

Thanks for your votes, everyone - it's pretty clear that there won't ve any reorders of the large blue bands and no new coconut shell stuff to think about :spudnikbackflip:

• Chief Cushie

I'm glad you were able to get them, too :sad_angel:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I wore my blue cushie awareness band to Seattle this week and lots of people asked about it. It was a great conversation starter. People on the plane and at the hospital asked about it. It gave me lots of opportunity to educate and make aware. It turns out that I met three different people that knew someone with all the symptoms who think there is something wrong and being told they are crazy and fat by docs. I also met a panhypopit lady that thought she was the only one out there in the world. I gave them all my "cushie card" (the card I made with my blog site and phone number).

Also, if anyone is going to Swedish and want to get the nurses at the AIC or the PICC nurses or Paul a nice gift, give them a band. They all have expressed interest in them. Joy was even thinking of coming to the site and buying one. Now that Dr. L is at Swedish, they are amazed at seeing so many of us come through each and every week.

Hi all,

I am trying to purchase the LAST LARGE blue band -- it says there is one left -- but then when I try to check out, it says that there is insufficient stock. I would like to buy this for myself as a 40th birthday present. Does anyone know if there is an extra one floating around? I can tell from the thread that no more large blue bands are getting ordered....(and I can't wear a medium)....

Thanks,

Kate

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie
Hi all,

I am trying to purchase the LAST LARGE blue band -- it says there is one left -- but then when I try to check out, it says that there is insufficient stock. I would like to buy this for myself as a 40th birthday present. Does anyone know if there is an extra one floating around? I can tell from the thread that no more large blue bands are getting ordered....(and I can't wear a medium)....

Thanks,

Kate

Kate, obviously I have it :) PM me your info and I'll send it to you.

Heike, the bumper sticker and hooded sweater don't exist...yet. What would you like for either to say/have on it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mary - I like the idea of the car ribbons and the license plate frames. I'd like to purchase those.

• Chief Cushie

Kathi, I can do the frames with no problem. They'd be in the same area as the T-shirts and such are now.

I'd love to have a ribbon, too, but the only places I've found to make them so far require a minimum of 250. I'd have to order those in advance and ship them from my home like I do with the bracelets. I'm not sure that 250 would sell, though and I'd lose (quite?) a bit of money on them.

If you know a place where there's a lower minimum order, please let me know and I'll look into it!