We need *YOU* to volunteer

• Chief Cushie

Melissa we have everything open after Dr F's interview on the 29th. How about 7:30 on Feb 5?

Arubiana - how about 9 on the 22? Best of luck with your surgery schedule!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melissa we have everything open after Dr F's interview on the 29th. How about 7:30 on Feb 5?

Arubiana - how about 9 on the 22? Best of luck with your surgery schedule!

Great! That sounds pretty good. Is there a place on the website I should for instructions on how to call in etc??

• Chief Cushie

There is - http://www.cushings-help.com/interview.htm - but I'll post them here, too:

Here's how the chat works...

Basically you call into the show at 646-200-0162 (a new York number) between about 7:20-7:25 PM eastern. We can talk for a couple minutes before the show starts. How can I convert to my Time Zone? Go to http://www.globalmetric.com/time.

When the show starts, a British sounding female voice says "BlogTalkRadio.

Then I have a little recorded generic sound byte that plays about the website.

Then I introduce you and we can chat just like you're on the phone with a friend except that it's recorded.

The total show is 30 minutes. At about the 25 minute mark, I'll let you know it's time to wind down, say thank yous and tell people about the following week's guest.

Occasionally, the show runs overtime and that's ok, too. After 30 minutes, it doesn't run live to listeners but it is recorded into the podcast. A recent interview was 47 minutes long and that recorded just fine.

Then a recorded voice (mine) says good night, thanks, where to find the podcasts etc.

And that's it. It's really just like talking on the phone with a friend.

People can listen live or to the archived chat at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CushingsHelp They can also chat in the included chatroom. Sometimes listeners will post comments or questions from there and I'll add those to the interview.

The archives are usually up about 30 minutes after the end of the show.

The call-in number is (646) 200-0162

Thanks so much for doing this! I really appreciate you taking the time to do a show.

• Chief Cushie

Great, thanks, Melissa!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

You did great, Melissa - thanks!

• Chief Cushie

Gina's interview from last night is on Google Alerts!

cyclic Cushing's and pituitary internet radio show 2/13/2009 ...

Listen to CushingsHelps February 13 internet radio show about cyclic Cushings and pituitary Gina was diagnosed with cyclic Cushings Disease in August 2008 and has a 34 mm abnormality on her pituitary gland and a possible ...

BlogTalkRadio.com Networks - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/

But...unfortunately, all 3 of us - host Mary, co-host Robin and Gina had issues and were booted off the system several times so that this interview never really ended but abruptly stopped.

Gina has graciously agreed to return to finish up this interview after her upcoming surgery.

Thanks for your patience, everyone, and thanks to Gina for putting up with us disappearing and reappearing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

Interview with Tammie (makeitgreen) tonight at 7:30OM Eastern at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CushingsHelp

How can I convert to my Time Zone? Go to: http://www.globalmetric.com/time . The Call-In number for questions or comments is (646) 200-0162.

In her bio, Tammie writes:

I am a 39 year old married mother of two children ages 5 and 6 and have had hormonal issues since childhood. I stumbled upon this site in search of information, support, and ideas on how I can improve my quality of life while I search for a good endo and get a proper diagnosis.

In elementary school, my poor parents didn't know what to do with me. I forgot everything and must've driven them crazy. I got lots of spankings for fogetting things. My hair grew slow, and I was short and tiny for my age. As I got older, I did not develop breasts or get my period until I was 17. The next one was 9 months later. Looking back, this was probably the first REAL clue that I was having hormonal issues. I've NEVER had regular cycles, even as an adult, unless I'm taking birth control meds. When I graduated high school, I weighed 103 lbs.

As a young adult, I did finally develop and my "pooch" ~ that little fat on the midsection ~ started growing. It was slow and gradual, nothing alarming, and I was still tiny. I took birth control pills throughout my 20's in order to have regular periods. During that time in my life, the hormonal imbalance was minimally disturbing, and an unofficial diagnosis of PCOS was all I needed to know. I did what the doc said, that is, I took my BC pills and everything else was pretty much normal.

Around 30 I married and wanted to have children so I went off the birth control meds and started seeing an Endo. I was officially diagnosed with PCOS after having an ultra sound that showed the tell-tale pearl-like string of cysts in both ovaries. He put me on glucophage, the newest, most exciting clinical treatment at the time. Glucophage made me nauseated and gave me diarrhea and did not help me with infertility. In fact, I think all it did was make me sick to my stomach and I gained weight while taking it. After a few months of this treatment, I got disgusted that the Endo was not helping me and that I was only one of his guinea pigs for his clinical study on the effects of glucophage, so I started looking for a new doc. His only requirement was that he agreed on the phone that he would prescribe clomid.

Clomid worked like a charm. By following a calendar, I planned the next months around my cycle and got pregnant the second month I was on clomid. We were thrilled! Of course, the pregnancy brought my hormonal imbalances to the surface and I developed insulin dependant gestational diabetes. I had two children and was insulin dependent with both.

After my second son was born, I began to have symptoms of depression and fatigue. I slept all the time and cried alot. The doctors put me on thyroid meds because it was low, and over time, welbutrin and provigil, which both helped, but were masking the real problems. When I moved, I had to see a new psychiatrist who decreased my provigil and tried to diagnose me with manic depression. He wanted to put me on yet another psychotrophic drug. That was the day I quit taking all my meds.

Over the next couple of months, my depression returned and I had absolutely no energy. I went to my GP and told him everything. I wrote it all down in bullet format and told him that I thought I had a hormonal imbalance since childhood. He's truly been great, but he's sooooo SLOOOOWWWW. He will only check my bloodwork every 6 weeks, and increases my thyroid by only 30 mg each time. The last time I had bloodwork done, my thyroid was low, but he had his nurse call me and tell me it was normal and would NOT increase my meds.

This made me extremely depressed! If my bloodwork was normal, then why the hell did I feel so rotten? And why was I getting more and more tired and dizzy every day? I made an acute care appointment with the next available doctor and she basically laughed me out of the office. I went home, cried alot, did some research and went out and bought: St. John's Wort, DHEA, a stress vitamin loaded with vitamin b's, iodine (kelp), and a multivitamin. I took all those along with my thyroid meds for two days, and got so sick and dizzy that I went in for another acute care appointment. This doc also basically laughed me out of her office (actually, she was clearly PISSED OFF that I came in again for the same thing) and told me to go to ER.

I did go to ER, that was two days ago, and they diagnosed me as having vertigo!

I will post updates as they are available, since I live only 2-3 hours from some of the doctors noted on this site, I will be going to see one of them soon. Honestly, at this point I don't even care if my insurance will pay or not. Somehow, I'm going to get help from someone who actually believes I have something wrong.

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

I just thought of a potential guest; Dr. Casandra F. (therapist) who spoke at the Magic convention. I do not have my presentation papers with me that has her contact info. Maybe someone can chime in? She can hone her lecture to Cushing's issues.

Cassandra F., Ph.D., LCPC, CADC

Adolescent, Adult & Family Psychotherapy

Certified Addictions Therapist

Northbrook, Illinois

• Chief Cushie
Mary, I'll be happy to volunteer! Give me about a month after surgery and I'll be all set... so Anytime after April 9th!

We'd love to have you!

How about a tentative April 16 at 7:30PM Eastern?

Here's the info again:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's how the chat works...

Basically you call into the show at 646-200-0162 (a new York number) between about 7:20-7:25 PM eastern. We can talk for a couple minutes before the show starts.

How can I convert to my Time Zone? Go to http://www.globalmetric.com/time.

When the show starts, a British sounding female voice says "BlogTalkRadio.

Then I have a little recorded generic sound byte that plays about the website.

Then I introduce you and we can chat just like you're on the phone with a friend except that it's recorded.

The total show is 30 minutes. At about the 25 minute mark, I'll let you know it's time to wind down, say thank yous and tell people about the following week's guest.

Occasionally, the show runs overtime and that's ok, too. After 30 minutes, it doesn't run live to listeners but it is recorded into the podcast. A recent interview was 47 minutes long and that recorded just fine.

Then a recorded voice (mine) says good night, thanks, where to find the podcasts etc.

And that's it. It's really just like talking on the phone with a friend.

People can listen live or to the archived chat at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CushingsHelp They can also chat in the included chatroom. Sometimes listeners will post comments or questions from there and I'll add those to the interview.

The archives are usually up on BlogTalk about 30 minutes after the end of the show and the next day on iTunes.

The Call-In number for questions or comments is (646) 200-0162. Listeners do not need to call in just to listen, only if they want to say something.

Thanks so much for doing this! I really appreciate you taking the time to do a show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

Thanks so much! I'll add you to the schedule when I get your info :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Over 2000 Posts

Sorry, here it is :angry:

Jessica was officially diagnosed with Cushing's Disease on 12/6/2009. After 24 years of symptoms, her two tumors and Rathke's Cleft cyst were removed on 3/6/2009.

• Chief Cushie

Sure, just let me know when is good for you.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

Steve, we'd love to have you!

When is good for you?

• 6 months later...

Archived