iGive again

MaryOld

(The Shopping Window will *not* be activated if you click a link in an e-mail, or if the last site you visited is iGive.com.)

***Exceptions to all rules, Mary.***

I just clicked on an email link that brought up a store that's in the mall... ?and guess what?? ?It also loaded the shopping window. ?FYI - It was Omaha Steaks. ?

How I found out about the pennies on ebay was because I was shopping (shhhh!!) and I bought something now and bid on something else; the next time I logged on I had mail telling me that they'd updated my donations. ?Last I knew ebay did not give anything for bids so I had to read what's what with that. ?

I was tickled and wanted to share as I think lots of people shop on ebay. ?

**sigh** ?Still would like to set up the donations address if we could iron out all difficulties. ?

Hugs,

Sue

• Chief Cushie
**sigh**  Still would like to set up the donations address if we could iron out all difficulties.

What donations address?

• Chief Cushie

Here are the eBay rules:

$.03 donation/visit when you bid. $.02 for Buy-It-Now. New to eBay? Join via iGive & get $3! (place bid within 30 dys) Earnings from bidding/joining don't count as shopping & aren't tax-deductible.

• Chief Cushie

Recent Amazon Purchases: what happens?

Beginning April 16, 2003, Amazon will no longer be available on iGive.com, so it will not be possible to place new orders which qualify for donations. Also, orders shipped after April 23, 2003 do not qualify for iGive credit, even if they were placed prior to April 16, 2003. If you have not already done so, please report all your existing Amazon.com orders through the Transaction Reporting Form: http://www.iGive.com/html/missingtrans.cfm

The deadline to report Amazon orders placed through iGive.com is June 23, 2003.

Contacting Amazon.com

Several members have written to us requesting contact information for Amazon.com. Many of you wish to voice your displeasure at Amazon's recent decision to leave iGive.com. To that end, here are a few ways to contact Amazon.com, if you so desire:

E-mail Amazon's Associates Program: associates@amazon.com

Contact Amazon's Customer Service: http://www.amazon.com/help

Mail a letter to Jeff Bezos:

Mr. Jeff Bezos

Chairman and CEO

Amazon.com, Inc.

1200 12th Ave., Ste. 1200

Seattle, WA 98144

Oh Gee, I didn't know that about Amazon.  I had a problem with getting credit from them right from my first order so I switched to Barnes and Noble.  If I'm going to shop on line and I have a choice of stores with similiar or same products, you better believe I'll go with the ones who participate.  

As far as ebay goes....  I don't care if it's tax deductible or not.  I shop there and if we get pennies - we get pennies.  All pennies make dollars.  The tax deductible part is non important to me.

Oh, and Mary, the donations....  I printed all the information for us to set up CUSH as a non-profit on ebay, but we never got any further with it.  That's what I meant.  You have to remember...  I've been ill and dopey (no comments, please) with pain meds...  two thoughts together correctly are still not in my head.

Suz :look:

• 5 years later...

I came across this post the other day and joined. They are still doing the $5 bonus if a purchase is made with in the first 45 days after signing up. I do A LOT of shopping online so I see no reason why I can't help out this site in the process!! There was an AVON post the other day, I have never used anything AVON before, but after clicking on the link I found out that AVON is one of the MANY igive stores so I will be ordering from AVON here in the near furture! Also, igive.com offers a search engine and everytime you use it, they will donate $.01 to this site! I think igive.com is another great opportunity for us to raise money doing what we already do!! Heres a link to sign up under our cause...

http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?member...p;causeid=17825

• Chief Cushie

Thanks Chrisy! I didn't know about the search engine feature at all. I do most of my shopping through iGive and sometimes I'll choose a site just because they're listed there over a site that isn't.

I think the search feature was just added a few weeks ago, because I am a member of iGive for the rescue organization where I adopted my dog from (didn't know these boards were on there!) and I got an email about it a few weeks ago telling me about the new search feature where you get a cent for each search.