Welcome to the Cushing's Help Boards

Welcome to the Cushing's Help Boards. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Don't worry - this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Be a part of the Cushing's Help Boards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Search for past information from more than 10,000 members
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Get a free blog and photo gallery
  • Customize your experience here
  • And much more...
Please join us!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Possible Reinstitution of the Guest Forum

guest forum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MaryO

Website Founder

• ~Chief Cushie~
  • 12,913 posts
  • Interests:My family, computers, music, reading, ice cream, handbells, the Internet, Chinese Food, chocolate, watching ice skating competitions, napping, piano duets, Kindle, iPad...in no particular order.

• United States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

We have had a Guest Forum in the past so that non-members could get a feel for how supportive and informative these boards can be.

The Guest Forum will public - visible to anyone.

How it works:

This area will be moderated and all guest posts must be approved before they show up. Please be patient. Guests may ask questions by starting a new post but they may not respond unless they become members.

Posts that are not Cushings-related will be deleted.

HTML code, links and images will not work here.

Popular topics may be moved to an appropriate members-only topic.

~~~

Any thoughts before we give this a try again?

#2 SusanM

Over 2000 Posts

• Mega Poster!
  • 6,129 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and designing knitwear, writing, public speaking and all needle arts (knitting, cross-stitch, etc.)

• United States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Sounds like work! On the other hand, it sounds like it will be very helpful to some. Just curiosity...what was this stopped before? Was there a problem?

#3 MaryO

Website Founder

• ~Chief Cushie~
  • 12,913 posts
  • Interests:My family, computers, music, reading, ice cream, handbells, the Internet, Chinese Food, chocolate, watching ice skating competitions, napping, piano duets, Kindle, iPad...in no particular order.

• United States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I couldn't remember why it was stopped before. There may have been too many spammers.

Since I couldn't remember, I thought it was maybe worth a try again.

#4 MCF

Over 2000 Posts

• Mega Poster!
  • 7,474 posts

• United States

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

I think this could be a great intro for folks who aren't sure if they belong to the club...

#5 MaryO

Website Founder

• ~Chief Cushie~
  • 12,913 posts

• United States

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

The Guest Forum is back. Please answer any guest questions you can and encourage possible Cushies to join the boards and become new members.

Thanks!

#6 MaryO

Website Founder

• ~Chief Cushie~
  • 12,913 posts

• United States

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

I haven't been keeping "official" track but my informal observations are that there are far more spammers trying to sell us stuff than actual guests asking questions.

I am going to start keeping a record today and it may end up that I close the Guest Forum again, at least temporarily.

If the Guest Forum helped you, could you please let me know, either here or by PM?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users