Welcome to the Cushing's Help Boards

Welcome to the Cushing's Help Boards. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Don't worry - this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Be a part of the Cushing's Help Boards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Search for past information from more than 10,000 members
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Get a free blog and photo gallery
  • Customize your experience here
  • And much more...
Please join us!
Guest Message by DevFuse

pins are in!!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Simone_*

Posted 18 April 2002 - 01:18 PM

I received my pins too!I wore the ribbon on the first day I had it. alien.gif They are so shiny and professional looking.i loved it.A Cushings pin we all made. hehe.gif

#2 Marie-Claude

Chatty Cushie

• ChattyCushie
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy Decorative Painting (on wood - Tole Painting) and teaching it, cross-country skiing, swimming, camping,  gardening, interior decoration and renovation, learning desktop publishing, photography, spending time with family and friends.

• Canada

Posted 19 April 2002 - 06:01 AM

What are these pins??? Is is possible to get more info. or have some sent to me??? Thanks, MC

#3 Marie-Claude

Chatty Cushie

• ChattyCushie
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy Decorative Painting (on wood - Tole Painting) and teaching it, cross-country skiing, swimming, camping,  gardening, interior decoration and renovation, learning desktop publishing, photography, spending time with family and friends.

• Canada

Posted 20 April 2002 - 04:42 AM

Thanks Sue. I would be interested in getting one of each, so I will get them when I will be at NIH.

#4 LorrieI

Chatty Cushie

• Over 2000 Posts
  • 3,562 posts

• United States

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:35 PM

Do we still have pins?

#5 LorrieI

Chatty Cushie

• Over 2000 Posts
  • 3,562 posts

• United States

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:24 AM

Great!  I'll do that.  I have a question too.  If I pay for a pin, could CUSH officially send it to Dr. F. for his continuous support to Cushing's patients?

#6 Guest_natalie86_*

Posted 18 April 2002 - 10:40 AM

I got my pins in the mail on Wed.   I love them.  I may be ordering some more.  Joe wants one of the ribbons  and I know when my Mom sees them this weekend she is going to want one.

Natalie

#7 Shauna

Cushie Helper

• Over 2000 Posts
  • 3,470 posts
  • Interests:Reading, enjoying my kids and animals, staying busy

• United States

Posted 18 April 2002 - 10:52 PM

Got mine today, too!  Awesome, really well done!!  I'll take them to our meeting on Sunday and show them off.  Maybe we should let the area chairpersons have a few to sell at meetings, etc.  ??  Just an idea.

#8 Guest_SuziQ2_*

Posted 19 April 2002 - 06:58 AM

MC, the pins are for Cushings Awareness and for the CUSH organization. They can be viewed at

CUSH

We designed our own ribbon pin in blue and yellow. It is dedicated to Janice, who passed away last September. The gold pin is a circle pin that says Cushings Understanding Support & Help for our newly formed organization.

Currently the pins are $12 for the ribbon pin and $14 for the CUSH pin. We offer one of each at $22 right now. For the US that includes shipping. For other countries Cookie has to figure the shipping.

You are coming to the states to the NIH soon. Mary has pins and as she comes to see everyone at the NIH, she will undoubtedly have some for sale by the time you get here. If you are interested in purchasing any of them, I'm sure she'd be glad to sell them. .

Posted Image

Miss Sue

#9 LorrieI

Chatty Cushie

• Over 2000 Posts
  • 3,562 posts

• United States

Posted 04 May 2002 - 03:50 AM

I wore my pin to work the other day and I had the opportunity to share information about Cushing's with one of the Medical Assistants of one of the docs I work for.  What a wonderful thing. :)

#10 Guest_Lynne Clemens_*

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:10 AM

There are still some lying about.  I know I have some.  If you need any, let me know.

#11 ChatiCat

CUSH Treasurer

• Member of the 1000 Post Club
  • 1,052 posts

• United States

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:10 AM

Yes, Lorie CUSH Org. has pins for sale. As a matter of fact, I believe we just recently got a new shipment of them.

http://www.cush.org/pins.htm

The address to order pins using a check is not correct on the link. If you want to order pins and pay with a check you need to send your check to:
CUSH Organization
911 Evanston Dr.
Jackson, MI. 49202

You also need to include a note as to what you are ordering.

Thanks,
Cathy :)

#12 ChatiCat

CUSH Treasurer

• Member of the 1000 Post Club
  • 1,052 posts

• United States

Posted 20 April 2004 - 02:02 AM

Lorie,
I just found out that pins were mailed to Shauna for the upcoming Portland meeting. I understand that you will be attending that meeting so perhaps you will want to purchase the pin(s) from Shauna.

The blue and yellow ribbon pins are $14.00 ea.

Cathy :)

#13 Guest_nascarwoman24_*

Posted 07 July 2004 - 05:18 PM

Hello,
How do you go about ordering these things, I think I may be a bit cnofsude(confused) :D

#14 MaryO

Website Founder

• ~Chief Cushie~
  • 12,877 posts
  • Interests:My family, computers, music, reading, ice cream, handbells, the Internet, Chinese Food, chocolate, watching ice skating competitions, napping, piano duets, Kindle, iPad...in no particular order.

• United States

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:48 PM

Hello,
How do you go about ordering these things, I think I may be a bit cnofsude(confused) :)

Usually, if you go to a CUSH local meeting or Convention, one of the officers will have some available. You can also order online at http://www.cush.org/pins.htm

#15 Kristy

Gamma Cushie - Officially Cured 1/3/13

• Over 2000 Posts
  • 3,983 posts

• United States

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:43 PM

I wear my pin everyday on my work badge! :P

#16 Guest_nascarwoman24_*

Posted 08 July 2004 - 02:41 AM

Thank you Mary and Kristy for the reply, I would really like to get one.
And guess what Cushings was in our New york Newspaper today, maybe some doctors will take a look at it, I was thinking maybe I would cute it out and send it to my old doc.
Eileen :P

#17 frustrated in federal way

Chatty Cushie

• ChattyCushie
  • 613 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, photography, cats, jazz and blues, camping, hiking, astrology, scary movies, eating out

• United States

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:00 AM

Can we still get these pins?? Do we still send to address in Jackson?? I would really love to get some of these.

Also, has anyone thought about making a bracelet?? Maybe make it blue since yellow is the lance armstrong bracelet. I know of a local organization in my area that started their own bracelet. Or orange?? I like orange.

Lisa M. ;)

#18 MaryO

Website Founder

• ~Chief Cushie~
  • 12,877 posts
  • Interests:My family, computers, music, reading, ice cream, handbells, the Internet, Chinese Food, chocolate, watching ice skating competitions, napping, piano duets, Kindle, iPad...in no particular order.

• United States

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:10 AM

Sue and Cathy (ChatiCat) have these pins. You could send a PM to Sue to get her current address - she's moved out of Jackson for sure.

#19 frustrated in federal way

Chatty Cushie

• ChattyCushie
  • 613 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, photography, cats, jazz and blues, camping, hiking, astrology, scary movies, eating out

• United States

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:16 AM

thanks Mary

#20 Leslie

past CUSH Vice President

• Long-time Board Member
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:gourmet cooking<br>reading<br>my son and family

• Nothing Selected

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:07 AM

I was thinking we might look into the bracelet thing too. I am doing Relay for Life with the ladies in my dept at work this year, and there's is a purple one with the word "HOPE" on it. I know my niece had on a light blue one but I am not sure what it represented. But these are the hot things right now, that is for sure.

Leslie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users