The color of Cushings

Ok...I need help. I'm confused.

I have a cushing's ribbon lapel pin that is yellow and blue, (Yellow on the top and left, blue on the bottom and right)

HOWEVER.....the Down Syndrome ribbon is almost IDENTICAL - (Blue on the top and left, yellow on the bottom right....

NOW.... if you go out into the world of awareness pins....there are places that recognize cushings with a light blue ribbon - probably because of the thyroid connection....BUT....no one seems to know the color of the cushing's ribbon, and it is SOOO confusing because it is so close to the Down Syndrome ribbon....

So....just to clarify.....what color is a CUSHING'S RIBBON???

Thanks!

~A

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Autism uses multi-colored puzzle pieces, maybe Cushing's should be a STRING OF ORANGE/BROWN URINE JUGS! :)

This is the most comprehensive list of ribbons/colors I have found. I did not see Cushing's.

Edited by nycsmile

• Chief Cushie

One of our early members, Janice, died on Tuesday 9/4/2001. She was the first person that I knew of on the message boards who had ever passed away and it was so sad. Janice's family wore Cushing's awareness ribbons at her funeral. They chose the blue and yellow colors of the website and message boards.

Janice-ribbon1.jpg

Later on, when the first CUSH pins were designed, they were copied from Janice's Cushing's awareness ribbons but it was easier to get half one color and half the other instead of both colors on each side.

• Over 2000 Posts

Oh - when I saw your topic - I thought you were trying to describe a color for Cushings !! (lol)

I was thinking about this and I think my Cushings in Gray - I don't really like gray - it depresses me - so that's my thought.

I am however glad the Cush ribbons are blue and yellow - they are pretty, I think.

Thanks though for giving this crazy Cushie a laugh !!

The pins we promote and sell to help support CUSH do not have angels on them. They are yellow and blue ribbon pins.

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Autumn, I believe you purchased a ribbon pin from CUSH didn't you?

Also, I wanted to add that the blue and yellow colors tend to vary on some of the items..... cups, pens, pins, tote bags, brochures, etc. However, it's all shades of blue and a shades of yellow.

Cathy :P

• 4 years later...

I couldnt find the pins in the store. Is there an official registry for causes and their ribbons? Would be funny, if we had to change it, to make it purple and white!

The collection jugs are the SYMBOL of cushing's!

And the grey I think is just for brain surgery, right?

Edited by jediknight36

• Chief Cushie

A great place to buy Cushing's Awareness ribbon pins is http://www.jfcainc.com/itemsanddonations.html

John's mom, Donna Sellers, does a wonderful job working with kids with Cushing's and their families. Buying pins from her definitely goes to a good cause.

Was looking for charms and found this http://store.goodybeads.com/store/products/Z002539.html. Maybe someone with a steady hand (mine tremors) could add "Cushing's" to the blue or "CS" to the yellow to distinguish it from Down's Syndrome. Just thinking at the keyboard. Would love to have a Cushing's ribbon charm for my Med alert bracelet, etc.

Anybody got a steady hand?

• 1 year later...

I would like to find out where to get yellow and blue lapel pins, but don't see them with the t-shirts and other items for sale, thanks