Customized Bumper Stickers

PeeQueen

I would like to put a sticker on my van that would raise awareness for Cushings in people driving behind me. Somewhere I once saw a T-Shirt that said something about: Sex starts in the Pituitary. And then on the other side something with Cushings. I did not buy it, because it was too daring to wear here. But we have lots of people on the boards that could come up with a design and a logo that we'd all like.

I prefer a sticker over wearing a plastic bracelet. And: I could buy several and send them to friends/family all over the world to stick on their cars.

• Chief Cushie

Actually, I had started working on a bumper sticker last week. So far, all I came up with was the Cushing's ribbon, a yellow background and maybe the website.

If anyone has any ideas for catchy slogans, these are easy to do. I can put them up on the same site as the Tshirts and they make them on demand so I wouldn't have to pre-order 200 or so and hope that people got them.

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

I was thinking something like that too. One of the main symptoms a lot of us first have is inability to lose weight, so...

Can't lose weight? Maybe it IS all in your head.

(and then the website)

I love a good bumper sticker. I will totally put one on my car. I could help organize the printing... I have many contacts with printers. I could get us a good rate. I just need the artwork and design, and I can do the rest (contact the printers, collect money, send out the stickers).

Got fat? Research Cushing's.

website address

The colors could be blue and yellow. It needs to be in a bold, sans serif font, making it easy to read. In addition, may I recommend that we buy the magnetic bumper stickers? This cuts down people's main reason NOT to put on a bumper sticker.

It would be good if we had several layouts and then vote for the best one. I personally don't like the "fat" one, because people might think it's another diet or exercise program.

I do like the one Mertie suggested. But I am sure there will be more ideas coming from others.

• Chief Cushie

Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered 25 ribbon magnets. They're all yellow with blue text.

5 each, 2 lines on each: If these go well, I'll order more. If not, I'm gonna have to cover my car with these things! LOL

They'll be in the same place as the bracelets.

CUSHING'S. It's all in your head. / http://www.cushings-help.com

Can't lose weight? Maybe it IS all in your head. / Learn about Cushing's at cushings-help.com

Got fat? Research Cushing's. / Learn about Cushing's at cushings-help.com

Got hump? Research Cushing's. / Learn about Cushing's at cushings-help.com

It's About Time There Was Support for Cushing's! / Find it at http://www.cushings-help.com

If anyone wants straight bumper magnets, the same company offers those.

• Chief Cushie

Even though they're not in yet, they're listed as "preorder" at the same store with the Awareness Bands listed at the top of these pages or http://cushings-info.com/zen/index.php

If people like any particular style of these better and want more, I might be able order a larger number of that style(s) and be able to have a lower price.

Because I ordered so few, the price was more, but at least this company let me order a few, Most wanted at least 250 as a minimum order, not 25.

• Over 2000 Posts

CUSHINGS: as seen on HOUSE and MEDICAL DISCOVERY

I got help at www.cushings-help.com

Mary, When I went to my endodontist today and had to do my medical report pre visit......the nurse said "oh I learned about Cushings on Medical Discovery (Mary, I am drawing a blank and not sure if that is the correct name of the show??) ...........another time a person said to me...........Oh, I saw that on House.

Maybe they can make a connection ???

Just a thought for a bumper sticker.

xo Judy

CUSHINGS: as seen on HOUSE and MEDICAL DISCOVERY

I got help at www.cushings-help.com

Mary, When I went to my endodontist today and had to do my medical report pre visit......the nurse said "oh I learned about Cushings on Medical Discovery (Mary, I am drawing a blank and not sure if that is the correct name of the show??) ...........another time a person said to me...........Oh, I saw that on House.

Maybe they can make a connection ???

Just a thought for a bumper sticker.

xo Judy

Too bad we couldn't make a little logo like the 'As Seen on T.V.' thing with that on there....oh....that might be a good idea for a shirt maybe!...

I like the 1st two slogans:

Can't lose weight? Maybe it IS all in your head. / Learn about Cushing's at cushings-help.com

I'll also try to come up with something.

Mar

Here's one:

Cushing's, it's the pit... (Front)

Pituitary that is (then the website address-on back)

Yeah I know, it's corny.

Here's one:

Cushing's, it's the pit... (Front)

Pituitary that is (then the website address-on back)

Yeah I know, it's corny.

I like it! But, it would be for a Tshirt, right? (Front and Back)?

I just ordered the ribbon magnet for seven Dollars.

OOpS!

Well actually ,we could put it on a bumper sticker too, right? That is if anyone else liked it as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered 25 ribbon magnets. They're all yellow with blue text.

5 each, 2 lines on each: If these go well, I'll order more. If not, I'm gonna have to cover my car with these things! LOL

They'll be in the same place as the bracelets.

Got fat? Research Cushing's. / Learn about Cushing's at cushings-help.com

Got hump? Research Cushing's. / Learn about Cushing's at cushings-help.com

It's About Time There Was Support for Cushing's! / Find it at http://www.cushings-help.com

If anyone wants straight bumper magnets, the same company offers those.

Good news! I just got an email from the company that these ribbon magnets are on their way. As soon as I get them, I'll ship them out to those of you who ordered them.

I will be away on vacation - finally! between Aug 26 and Sept 9 so I won't be sending anything out during that time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Over 2000 Posts

I would Love to see Robin's herd of horses led by a Zebra with our awareness ribbon around it's neck.

It could say something snappy, and our web address...

I am usually good at snappy sayings but in the middle of a rough day pain wise.

Lisa

How about Hey Dr. Notice I am a Zebra before you get trampled by my herd! Ha!

• Over 2000 Posts

I looked at Robin's Zebra herd...

On a T-shirt with Zebra's are us & the picture she has with our web address....

Anyhow I am hooked on the Zebra thing.

Lisa

Archived