Della Reese speaks out

• Chief Cushie

Wow, thanks for this, Kristy - I remember when Della's daughter died, we'd wondered what kind of pit tumor she'd had.  I guess it wasn't Cushing's, but certainly scary enough!

I hope she continues to speak out about this.  We need all the "talkers" we can get!

• Over 2000 Posts

There was alot unsaid in the interview. I respect a family's privacy. It is most unfortunate that her daughter did pass away. :D

When the pituitary completely quits working, there are several key hormones that are critical. Do you know which ones they are? (Besides ACTH - that is a given).

Food for thought.

• 3 weeks later...

hehe.gif I cried when I read this artilce, I love Della Reese.  I am not depressed, but it definitley is a wake up call of sorts.  There was alot unsaid in the article, but I am glad that someone "famous" has at least heard of Pituitary problems.

• Over 2000 Posts

My thoughts,

wouldn't this be a wonderful opportunity for someone to contact her and discuss the effects of pituitary disease and cushings.  She is a wonderful actress and person and might be a way to educate the public about our illness.  Any suggestions on how to go about getting in contact with her?

• 4 weeks later...

:wow:      Sheesh, Della's daughter was 42 [i am 43] with kids 19 and 21 [mine are 23 and 24], and although I had symptoms mildly before, the diagnosis was 6 years ago... and I have been appearing [to the outsider] to be doing ok on meds!  I have obviously been ignoring the truth of my fragility and how quick and easily death could come.

:exclaim: