Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
BrendaW

News that makes you go...AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Well, once again, the big boys in the white coats stick together, and the patient gets the shaft:

http://www.mddailyrecord.com/article.cfm?i...9&type=UTTM

:dunno:

Brenda

UUHHMM Yeah, I'm betting they made sure there was no one on the jury that had any knowledge of anyone with a chronic disorder of any kind.

Judy

Gracie,

Thanks for posting this article. I've been following this Maryland case for a while and had not known that the jury was back on it. I am really disappointed in the verdict -- this woman clearly suffered physical and economic damages. But, as I was told when considering suing my repro endo for failing to test for Cushing's for seven years and for misdiagnosing me with PCO, proving that the standard of medical care has been breached is a difficult thing to do. Being a D- doctor doesn't do it, or so I'm told. You have to be an outright F to win.

I also found the settlement discussions around $200K to be typical of a med mal settlement offer -- it's about what the defendant's insurance company would have to pay to litigate the case.

Too sad....

This is why no one will thoughouly test for cushing's and even dismiss patients with normal and abnormal results... they know that there is no legal responsibility on their part. Who, if not the doctors, should be held accountable for the delay of diagnosis and subsequent health complications?

I saw the WS endo and he said I had syndrome X. So even If the MRI had shown a tumor he probably would not have been any more impressed to diagnose cushings. We need more GOOD doctors! Violet

Thanks for the article Brenda. VERY interesting & very sad.

It would be interesting to know how many of us here on the board had a radiologist miss their tumor. I am one of those people. I had 2 radiologists miss mine. When I sent it to Dr McC, he said it was "very clear" to him exactly where my tumor is. It's amazing! There really needs to be more training on identification of microadenomas. My neurologist here in Kentucky said himself that the radiologists are trained to identify obvious masses, lesions, or bleeds....they don't look for tiny microadenomas. UGH!

So how many of you out there had a radiologist miss your tumor?

Cindy,

I asked that very same question. Here is a thread where we talked about it:

Normal? MRIs

Thanks for the link to the thread Susan. Wow! 70% of tumors missed in your poll! Unbelievable!