IT'S THERE! MaryO Interview

• Chief Cushie

Thanks, Heather and Natalie!

I think it's a good thing, too - hopefully, we'll reach even more people with this who may be wondering about Cushing's.

I'm hoping that lots of people call in to talk about their diagnosis, bio, treatment, surgery, whatever, in order to spread the word even farther.

The record on BlogTalk shows that 300 (!!!) people have heard Thursday's bio so far - maybe others listened on iTunes or the main site, too, but I think that's phenomenal for 3 days.

Is anyone else interested in being interviewed? The more the merrier!

I have a video camera that I think will be able to produce videos that can be added to the podcast to make it an occasional video podcast. Wouldn't that be cool for meetings? Get several Cushies' input at once.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

Me? Accent? LOLOL

Thanks, Terry :)

I've enjoyed listening to the talks as well. Mary O, its finally nice to at least put a voice to the person I met so many years ago on the old AOL board, I still hope someday to meet in person!

Jen its good to hear your voice as well, I remember we always had so many alike symptoms. Its good to hear Robin's, Judi and Mertie too, I'll try to listen to these when possible.

Thanks Mary another great way to get the word out!

Pj

• 1 month later...
  • Member of the 1000 Post Club

Mary,

Has anyone explored following the podcasts on a Tivo? I am trying to figure out how to do that now but haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet. I can put in a custom URL I'm just not sure where to point yet!

As always THANK YOU for such a great job. :wub:;)

Renee

259 people have listened...so far!

I had been under the impression that they would automatically upload this to iTunes but it's not there so I figured out how to do that myself.

If you're an iTunes user, it should show up in your podcast within 24 hours.

If you're a BlogTalk member, or an iTunes user, clicking on the stars will help keep us "visable" and get more listeners to the show / archives / podcast.

I am thinking of submitting this podcast (the name for the whole series, not individual episodes) to places like podcastalley or elsewhere. I'm not a member anywhere yet so if you are and would like to submit it, that would be fine, too.

I'm seeing this as an awareness project as well as for information for people on the boards, so if you know of any good podcast portals, please let me know.

Thanks!

Again, to listen, just click on the microphone :)

180x60_listenlive.gif

• Chief Cushie

I have not done that but the URL for mine would be either http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CushingsHelp/...Helpcom-founder or http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CushingsHelp/...com-founder.mp3 for just the sound portion.

If this works for you, please let me know and I'll post the URLS for the other chats.

• Chief Cushie

I didn't know you could do this with TiVo before - thanks!

The URL to enter for the entire series of past and future chats is http://www.cushingsonline.com/rss/podcast.xml

Instead of putting it in the first place where it said enter a URL, I found the Podcaster area and entered it in there. After you do that, it's saved to your "favorites" and I assume it will automatically update when the next episode goes up.

This is cool - thanks for lettimg us know!

• Chief Cushie

Directions, again - I think I got this right. I was writing as I was clicking!

If you are a TiVo subscriber with a broadband-connected Series2, Series3, or TiVo HD DVR, you can listen to the Cushing's Podcasts through Tivo's new Podcaster feature.

To set this up, click the TiVo button on your remote.

Scroll to Music, Photos, Products and more. Select

Scroll to Podcaster. Select

Scroll to bottom. Click on Enter a URL

Enter this address: http://www.cushingsonline.com/rss/podcast.xml

When you want to listen later, just follow the same steps up to Scroll to Podcaster. Select

Choose Favorites and the Cushing's Podcast will be there.

• Over 2000 Posts

I am so sorry, I missed this Pod cast... the very first one. I was in Seattle that week.............Ughhhhhhhhhhh I feel bad.

Mary O Your story was very interesting... you are good at this.. both you and Robin sound like naturals.

Mary, I want you to know that you have saved my life too. If not for you and this site I would have never found the true reason for my illness. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

now I have to go listen to the others I have missed

Hugs,

Karen

Robin, Karen, everyone, I've enjoyed listening to each of your stories. Karen, I sort of cried when I listened to your story, as I feel its a lot like mine, I too remember coming home from doctors appointments crying all the way home! You thyroid stuff sounds interesting, as I think my thyroid issues sounds some like yours. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. When I'm diagnosed, I may decide to share mine.

Blessings,

Pj

Archived