Second Radio Show: Symptoms and Diagnosis

Ok.... Reminder...tomorrow's show!! We need folks to call in!!

180x60_wht.gif

UPCOMING SHOW: 1/10/2008 6:30 PM

Cushing's Members

CushingsHelp

set reminder Date / Time: 1/10/2008 6:30 PM

Category: Health

Call-in Number: (646) 200-0162

Robin Smith (staticnrg) hosts as Cushing's message board members call in to tell about their fight for diagnosis and treatment. Robin will open the show with a brief explanation of what Cushing's is and what the symptoms are.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Over 2000 Posts

Call in? and what? Cry??? I don't think I'm the best candidate... anyone else?

Call in? and what? Cry??? I don't think I'm the best candidate... anyone else?

Ami, you are a wonderful candidate. Your story is very important. This is about the disease....the journey..... about the diagnosis....about what we go through, varied as it is. It's not about sweet and nice and sugar-coating anything.

Love and hugs....

Robin

I don't even have a diagnosis yet, is it ok for me to call in? I have been dealing with this for 8 years, and am finally going to see Dr. F in one week. I feel like I am standing on a precipice, and I am not sure if I will make the summit or fall to my death! And 6:30 in what time zone?

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Alicia, 6:30 in the Eastern Time Zone. I believe that I'll try calling in.

-Jessie

Robin!

I'd call in if I had a diagnosis!

Then again, maybe I wouldn't, I get nervous over the phone

and am pretty brain fogged 99 percent of the time so it's

hard to find words.

In the future though, I'll definitely call in and help out.

This is such a fabulous idea!!!!

Love to you, Nic

• Over 2000 Posts

I will certainly listen, I may call in if I get the nerve and I have something clear to talk about.

I am more of a Multi Endo, Suspected Cyclical Cushings, put on steroids, can't test, now I have Addison's kind of Cushie?!

I do not exactly fit in the norm of anything anymore!

Lisa

Ladies (and lurking gentlemen), it's not about the diagnosis....it's about the journey. We'll just have a chat about us..... don't be nervous or shy. You can use your name or not.... (no last names needed, anyhow!)..... You can tell about how you were treated by a doctor (no names, please), how your life has changed, what symptoms you have, etc..etc....

Please don't leave me "alone" on there for 30"!!! ARGH!!!

BBL....

XOXO

Robin

• Over 2000 Posts

I will be listening and we will not leave you hanging, no way!

Big hugs to you for doing this!

Lisa

• Over 2000 Posts

I'll try. The time is a bit of a problem for me, so sorry if I don't get to call in, I'll try to rush home from work in time to listen to some, though. (After this week, I will be in class on Thursday nights, so this will be my last chance.) I am in Central time zone and do not get off uintil 5:00p.

But I really appreciate what you are doing. You are brave and smart !!

Thanks again, Denise

• Chief Cushie
Please don't leave me "alone" on there for 30"!!! ARGH!!!

Ummm Robin - you're not going to be alone if I'm there, are you?

• Chief Cushie

For future chats:

Who are the 13 people who were willing to be interviewed???

Please let either Robin or me know so we can set a time / day.

We can set these chats up to a year in advance and they don't have to be Thursday OR 6:30 PM eastern. They can be at a time that's convenient for YOU and we can make this work.

So, please, if you're interested, let us know!

• Chief Cushie
Hi Robin,

I'd love to, but were at the hospital tomorrow night...Cant even listen, no puters......... :huh:

Jo, the chat will be archived and available on this site, on the BlogTalk Site, on another podcast feed and through iTunes.

If you have subscribed to the Cushie Podcast it will show up on your computer automatically after I've added it there, probably Friday :)

To subscribe to the Cushie Podcast, just click here: http://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=271150820 and after you do, please be sure to give us a good review and 5 stars :) The more reviews and stars we have, the higher we go on the ratings and the more likely it will be that others searching will find us.

Who knows? Maybe someone will learn that they have Cushing's by listening to one of these podcasts!

Ummm Robin - you're not going to be alone if I'm there, are you?

Geez, Mary! Now they won't feel sorry for me and call in!! :)

Of course not. I was trying to play on sympathies!

Do I look sad enough, yet? :huh:

Do I look sad enough, yet? :)

Robin, you're going to have to find another smiley before it will start looking sadder. :huh:

-Jessie

I'm willing to be interviewed, but I live in AZ and at 6:30 eastern, I am still at work. If I had enough notice I could possibly make it home by 7:30 eastern. I will turnmy computer on at work Robin at try and listen today if I don't have any patients. Good luck!!!!

• Chief Cushie
We can set these chats up to a year in advance and they don't have to be Thursday OR 6:30 PM eastern. They can be at a time that's convenient for YOU and we can make this work.

Let me know a time that's good for you, Alicia, and I can set up the next one for that time!

Rignt now, we have chats scheduled through January 24th but those can be edited to change the day or time.

We can have one chat every day if we want :)

Will you guys say something when you guys are ready for somebody to call in or what? Because, maybe, I'll call in tonight, but I don't want to call in at the wrong time:)

For future chats:

Who are the 13 people who were willing to be interviewed???

Please let either Robin or me know so we can set a time / day.

I might of been one of those 12 but if not I would be interested. But I don't always think very fast if I'm nervous, But then again it's not like I haven't lived thi for a couple of years. So, would you want me to call i sometime or set something up so I'll leave work in time to hear all of the show?

Judy

Archived