2-BE Causes Adrenal Tumors

2-BE Causes Adrenal Tumors

The article is linked above. An excerpt:

Laura Amos and her family lived in Garfield County, Colorado. In May 2001 while fracturing four wells on their neighbors? property, the gas well operator ?blew up? their water well. Fracturing opened an hydrogeological connection between their water well and the gas well. ?Immediately our water turned gray, had a horrible smell and bubbled like 7-Up,? she writes.

?Tests of our water showed 14 milligrams per liter of methane ... In the spring of 2003 I became very ill. I spent months in doctors? offices and hospitals. I was eventually diagnosed with ... a very rare condition of a tumor in my adrenal gland.?

Although the gas company repeatedly denied it, evidence later surfaced that a fracking fluid, 2-BE had been used for the gas drilling. 2-BE can cause a long list of health problems including tumors of the adrenal gland.

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

I don't (nor does my father who has worked in waste management forever) doubt that this kind of thing is always going on, and swept under the carpet.

My best friend (since we were six and seven) had a goiter (very rare hot nodule, actually) when she was in her early teens. She now has only one-quarter of a thyroid. We have been calling ourselves, "The Toxic Tumor Twins." Anyway, we were theorizing about what could have two best friends to have such "rare" conditions. We came up with whatever number red dye was in the Kool-Aid we used to dye our hair when we were kids...hehe...maybe...

We came up with whatever number red dye was in the Kool-Aid we used to dye our hair when we were kids...hehe...maybe...

Hey, I remember that! Wasn't it something about 'red dye #5'???

Personally, I think my tumor was caused by years of being severely over-stressed.

Diagnosed in August 2007, right after my 40th b-day, I was told this would have killed me within another year.

Archived