Thursday, Terry G in VoiceChat

• Chief Cushie

• Terry (Terry), April 17. Long time pituitary Cushing's survivor. Terry had a pituitary surgery (in LA) in October of 2003 which did not cure her cushings disease. Then, Dec 13th, 2003 she had her BLA in a Wisconsin hospital.

She also had an infection in her sphenoid sinus. It originated at the site of her pituitary surgery from October 2003. She had to be on a lot of antibiotics and narcotic pain relievers.

In Sept 2005 the surgeon removed infection from one area, make another area clear to allow for better drainage, checked her bone and found one area okay but took bone for culture from another area. Terry has had an infection requiring a post-op PICC line.

The call-in number is (646) 200-0162 or listen live at:
  • 180x60_listenlive.gif

• Over 2000 Posts

Terry, I wanted to wish you a great interview and show. I know you will be wonderful and I hope I can hear it one day. I can't listen live because of the time it's on I'm in commute from work. But good luck and I'll have to listen to the recorded version. You have a lot to offer.

Break a leg,

Hugs,

Lorri

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Thanks Lorri, I'm very nervous about doing this interview but your post gave me some much needed courage.

Hugs and thank again,

Terry

Terry,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! I can't even imagine going through the infection you had and enduring 2 years of pain and then 2 surgeries to cure it. I only wish you felt much better now.

It was interesting to hear all you went through and I appreciate you giving the interview. I am sure it will be helpful to others suffering with Cushings when they hear it. And cautionary to those post op patients with sinus infections to take it seriously and see a doctor! I am so sorry this happened to you, but appreciate your sharing about it so others can learn.

Hugs,

Becky

• Chief Cushie

Terry, you did great! Thanks so much for doing this chat for us :hug:

The chat is on iTunes now, as well as the ones from when I was gone.

Thanks for understanding what I (and others who had the same type of infection at the same time) went through Becky, it means a lot to me. I too am hoping that those who have current post-op infections will take their situations seriously. Thanks again and take care.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement Mary, Robin and glandular-mass. I haven't listened to the interview, but I definitely know I won't be going into the radio business anytime soon... :sofa_bricks:

• Over 2000 Posts

Hi Terry,

I listened to your pod cast last night. It was a very interesting story. Amazing .. how strong the body is to recover from such a horrible infection.

Another Cushings trooper.

Hugs,

Karen

PS you did very well........see nothing to be afraid of. Robin and Mary O make you nice and comfortable while the are interviewing you.

Thanks for your post Karen. I was worried but thankfully I got through it. I hope by doing so it will help others with similar situations.

Hugs,

Terry

• Over 2000 Posts

Yes I thought the same thing when I did my Pod cast. I hope it helps a future Cushie. If the diagnosis is shorter because of us and if after surgery they avoid doing what we did, it will be worth it.

We dun good :hug:

Hugs,

Karen

Archived