Women's Day

Guest SuziQ2

Guest SuziQ2

Haven't read this, but Christine posted on the other board:  In the 9/18/01 issue is a lengthy article about how overweight women are treated like dirt...said it was awful to read....

At the end of the article, in a side box "Why is she so heavy?" talkes about how people all think that we gain weight because of poor eating habits and lack of exercise.

THEN: being overweight may be the marker for, not the cause, of certain metabolic disorders. "for example, polycystic ovarian syndrome and Cushings Disease often cause weight gain in women..."

Gotta get this mag tomorrow and respond to their article.  A suggestion:  We all should respond!!!!!!

Guest SuziQ2

OK. ?I couldn't stand it, so I got dressed and went to the store last night. ?It isn't on our newsstands yet. ?We must be far behind the rest of the country in our burg. ?When Forbes best of web came out it was about 3 weeks before I found it.?Anyhow, I'm writing a letter to Woman's Day and am going to mention our numbers, what it's like for us with the doctor scene, this web site (and mention in Forbes), the PDES web site, the other support board, what we are doing for Cushing's Support; such as retreat, book, ribbons, etc. ?I'm also going to send my "photo card", some pictures of others, and mention that we are working on articles and by-laws for a not-profit organization. ?Anything else?? ?And, please, everyone, send something to them - even if it's only a post card saying you have Cushings or have had Cushings....OR if you'd like, I can include ALL OF US WHO SPECIFICALLY POST THEIR NAMES HERE as to who my letter is from....the letter is already forming in my mind....

(Edited by SuziQ at 7:32 am on Aug. 24, 2001)

• Over 2000 Posts

Sounds like a wonderful idea, Sue.

If you'd like to sign my name to the bottom you can - Mary Kelly O'Connor

Sue,

Your more than welcome to use my name as well, although not an offical cushie yet, most pituitary tumors do cause weight gain, so if you would like to use my name as well, it is Paula J. Price. I will be looking for this issue as well, hope it is on the stands.

Paula

kick some fanny, sue!

... and include my name too.... it WOULD have been nice

if they included at least a tiny blurb about pcos and

cushings..... oh, wait.... i KNOW why they didn't!!!!

the doctors offices would be deluged with phone calls from

other obese folks like us demanding to be checked for, dare

i say it??? (oh yeah), cortisol levels!!!!!