Support

Guest Rachel

Question

Guest Rachel

I'm 18 and have so many cushing's symptoms. I have gone through most tests to test for it, I just still have to do the glucose 2 hour test, and overnight dexamethasone suppression test. I was diagnosed with PCOS almost two years ago and when I turned 18 was finally able to see an endocrinologist. I leave for my first year of college on the 22nd and not really sure how to handle it without knowing the results, which my doctor will give all results at one time. At this point with the weight and all of the other symptoms I have I am at a point where I want it to be cushing's. I feel like that would be a lot easier to deal with and fix than "PCOS" which the only answer is to loose weight which has pretty much become impossible to do. I suffer from pretty severe depression and have tried multiple medications and doses. None of them seem to do anything beyond making a tiny dent in it. Could this be why it seems like no medication for my depression is helping? What are other's experiences with depression and cushing's? Will I be able to handle a diagnosis and school at the same time? Would I be able to handle school and surgery recovery? If you're diagnosed with cushing's how long have others waited to have surgery? I just kind of want some answers to come to terms of what could become reality. I'd rather be informed and prepared and would like some really life stories instead of the ones I've read on very few blogs. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer to this question

Hi and welcome! You are in a good place for information, support and understanding. Your symptoms do sound very suspicious for cushings. If you want to read stories about cushings I would recommend you read the success stories portion of this site. The only good thing about this disease is that it's curable. However, sometimes it can take multiple surgeries to get there.

Please stick around here and read all you can and get copies of all labs.

love,

melly