My Friend Thinks I Have Cushing's

Guest Chelsea

Question

Guest Chelsea

A friend of mine, who is a nurse, randomly asked if I had ever been diagnosed with Cushing's Syndrome.

I told him no, I'd never heard of it before, and started looking into it. I probably shouldn't have, because now I am paranoid. Some of my symptoms match, but I don't have the main symptoms.

I'm fairly thin, with pale skin which bruises and tears easily. I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety which lead to panic attacks, and the medications I take don't seem to work for me. I have a naturally round face, or so I think, that is almost always red with acne on my cheeks and neck. I don't think I'm gaining weight, or have a hump between my shoulders.

I'm afraid to think I have something so severe just because I want to feel better from this crippling depression that has taken 4 years of my life from me.

Do I sound like a Cushie?

1 answer to this question

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

First of all I want to welcome you! I'm sorry you think you maybe dealing with this disease. To answer your question, it is hard to say if you sound like one. You have a couple of the symptoms. The best think I could tell you is to schedule an appointment with an endocrinologist and get them to run some tests on you. Then go from there. If you don't have it..that is good news...but if you do there are people here that will help you through the process. Wishing you the very best of luck!