Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Amelie

PTSD and Cushings

Question

Guest Amelie

I’m wondering if anyone post surgery is dealing with PTSD, specifically feeling like you are re-experiencing Cushings when you are having anxiety. I’m almost 3 years post surgery and have regular panic attacks where I feel like I am re-living having the disease

2 answers to this question

Oh boy me too. I was paranoid for the first few years and anxious because I always thought Cushing's was coming back. Luckily I had family and a doctor who understood where I was coming from so I could test anytime I wanted to.  It took a long time for me to remember things like women have PMS at times and that has nothing to do with Cushing's. I will say I only worried when I wasn't feeling great, when I feel good it never crosses my mind and these days I'm much better at not worrying or feeling anxiety about it.

• Like 1

Since you asked this as a guest question, I posted it on one of the Cushing's blogs, too.

Someone answered:

Every ache or pain or out of the ordinary experience triggers anxiety. I am 7 years post op. I don’t have panic attacks per se, but I do get upset and frightened. These feelings also occur when the doctor sends me for routine testing just to make sure there is no relapse. It is also sometimes triggered when I hear others discussing their trials and tribulations with Cushing’s. I want to help and offer comfort and advice but many times I can’t because I get too wound up.

In the comments area of https://cushieblogger.com/2018/05/11/guest-question-ptsd-and-cushings/

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this