Cushing's Awareness Silicone Bands

MaryO

What is a fair price for these awareness bands?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What is a fair price for these awareness bands?

• less than $3.00
    • $3.00
    • $3.50
    • $4.00
    • $5.00
    • $6.00
    • $7.00
    • more than $7.00
    • I have no idea.

• Chief Cushie

As I've said in another post:

People interested in the silicone bands - I've ordered 60 medium (7 3/8") yellow silicone bands, 40 medium blue, and 60 large (8 3/8") yellow. These all say CUSHING'S HELP & SUPPORT.

These are are made from 100% silicone, and are stronger and longer lasting than rubber bracelets. Reminderband™ works closely with the production facility to guarantee that quality is consistent in all sizes and colors. To ensure that we are producing the highest quality silicone bracelets on the market, the Reminderband™ team conducts ongoing production tests and research. Rest assured, Reminderband™ is second to none.

If all 140 of these get sent out, I'll order more...and you can let me know what phrase you'd like to see on them. I would have to order any other phrases in lots of 20 each. There could be other colors, if you want to get away from the blue and yellow - and there's a glow in the dark version!

The estimated shipping date to me is Friday June 10th.

• Over 2000 Posts

I have a question........

Those who are ordering the bracelets - who are your ordering them for - i mean who will you have wear them?: your family, your doctor, friends???

I ask because I know I will wear one....but two grown sons I dont know? BUT .... I know my sons, sisters, etc would gladly BUY them for a donation to Cushings. Can we order them, sell them, and turn the money into the CUSH fund. Would this be imposing to ask anyone to donate and receive a bracelet??? I guess we would also need a CUSH handout if we did that (is there a downloadable pamphlet?)

Just wondering how to consider how many I would like to purchase? Any help would be appreciated.

Judy from Pgh

• Chief Cushie

There's no reason why someone couldn't order some, sell them at a profit themselves and then donate the money to CUSH. I'm sure that CUSH would appreciate that offer.

I don't have a lot of brochures to send out, but I guess I could send out some with every order. If anyone wants a lot of them, you can get them from Cathy Gifford (ChatiCat).

I was also thinking of sending out complimentary bands to people who make a donation or subscription (and leave their mailing address) to help with the upkeep of the boards, sites, and other related expenses. Note that this is NOT the same as donating to, or joining, CUSH

• Chief Cushie
Hi Mary,

Should we let you know our exact orders on this post now?

Thanks,

No...after we get the price sorted out, there will be an order form of sorts where you can say how many of which color, which size.

• Chief Cushie

This poll will close on June 3rd. Then there will be a special "pre-order price" until 06/10/2005. Then the price will go to whatever the poll suggests, probably the $5.00.

As I said before, people making donations of at least $15 (or subscriptions, after the 3rd month) to the website who also give me their mailing address will get a free band. When you fill out the PayPal form, be sure to give me your mailing address and band preference (yellow, medium or large, or blue, medium only)

• Chief Cushie

Since many of you voted for $3.00, you may to pre-order these, for that price. After 06/10/2005, the price will go to whatever the poll suggests, probably the $5.00 it is now. Pre-order here. This special price is to allow message board members get them at a lower price than the public at large.

These are shipped by Priority Mail, so the shipping charges in the US ($3.85) are the same for up to 5 bands.

You can order by personal check or credit card (through PayPal, although you don't need a PayPal account) at this link.

This shopping cart is a new piece of software to me. If you have any problems with it at all, please email me or PM so I can figure out how to fix it.

As I said before, people making donations of at least $15 (or subscriptions, after the 3rd month) to the website who also give me their mailing address will get a free band. When you fill out the PayPal form, be sure to give me your mailing address and band preference (yellow, medium or large, or blue, medium only).

• Chief Cushie

As it turns out, the bands shipped today, and I should get them next Monday (June 6th) WooHoo.

As a result, I'll be opening the store up to the immediate world (it's number one and 2 on Google right now) and the price will go up to the poll-listed price. About $5.00 last I looked.

So, if you want to get some of the $3.00 ones, go for it now. The price will be going up on Sunday, June 5th.

If you're going to the Wisconsin Barbecue the next weekend, and want some of these, please let me know how many, of what color, and I'll try to bring them to you there.

The original post, with date corrections:

Since many of you voted for $3.00, you may to pre-order these, for that price. After 06/5/2005, the price will go to whatever the poll suggests, probably the $5.00 it is now. Pre-order here.  This special price is to allow message board members get them at a lower price than the public at large.

These are shipped by Priority Mail, so the shipping charges in the US ($3.85) are the same for up to 5 bands.

You can order by personal check or credit card (through PayPal, although you don't need a PayPal account) at this link.

This shopping cart is a new piece of software to me.  If you have any problems with it at all, please email me or PM so I can figure out how to fix it.

As I said before, people making donations of at least $15 (or subscriptions, after the 3rd month) to the website who also give me their mailing address will get a free band. When you fill out the PayPal form, be sure to give me your mailing address and band preference (yellow, medium or large, or blue, medium only).

• Chief Cushie

Well, who knew??? The blue bands - which I got the fewest of, of course - are the most popular of these bands and they're nearly sold out before I even have them here.

As a result, I've ordered 80 more of the medium blue, 40 of the large blue and 20 of the small (children's) size.

These are due to leave the supplier on June 17th (maybe earlier, like the last ones!), so I should be shipping these out before the end of June.

• Chief Cushie

The bands ship out today to the first people who ordered. I was surprised, but the blue ones sold out fast. There are more of the blue coming in small, medium and large in about a week.

A new category added was for people to send a band to their Secret Someone.

Also added was Donate a Band to A Cushing's Patient at NIH. This band has no shipping charges and is at a lower price for those who feel that they would like to give something to someone at NIH.

MaryO will deliver your band to a Cushing's patient at NIH (the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD) along with an information brochure. If you would like, she will include a note or a card from you. If you would like to send a note, either fill it in in the "notes" section here, in the "additional information" area of PayPal, or email Mary at CushingsSupport@aol.com If sending a check, you may include a card or personal note to go along with the bracelet(s).

After delivering the bracelet(s), Mary will contact you and let you know who the band(s) went to.

If there is any interest in this, people who regularly visit others - Shauna comes to mind - may have bands sent to them for delivery, as well.

Guest Cookie'sdaughter

Mary, Just a suggestion -- there are so many different colored bands out there for all kinds of things and also representing nothing but fashion. My son has 8 different ones! I suggest you stick with yellow or blue-- I actually have not seen any navy blue ones, although I'm sure they are out there. My son has a St. Louis Cardinal's one that is red, white and blue- with each of the colors fading into each other. Is that possible to do with the blue and yellow?

Thanks for listening!

Aemi

(Cookie's daughter)

As I've said in another post:

People interested in the silicone bands - I've ordered 60 medium (7 3/8") yellow silicone bands, 40 medium blue, and 60 large (8 3/8") yellow.  These all say CUSHING'S HELP & SUPPORT.

If all 140 of these get sent out, I'll order more...and you can let me know what phrase you'd like to see on them.  I would have to order any other phrases in lots of 20 each.  There could be other colors, if you want to get away from the blue and yellow - and there's a glow in the dark version!

The estimated shipping date to me is Friday June 10th.

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Hey Mary, How much does it cost to buy them and how much of a profit will there be? I think that should help in determining the cost. $5 sounds pretty good and it's for as worthy a cause as breast cancer or heart disease!

Is it too late to order any for the Monterey meeting? Thanks - Kathi

• Chief Cushie

Aemi, it's great to see you! How are you doing?

I have decided to stick with the blue and yellow ones. It's confusing enough with all the different sizes. Unfortunately, to get a 2 color band like that would cost a LOT more money. :rolleyes: I'm just wearing one of each color and that works for me!

Kathi, the yellow ones can ship out Tuesday by 2-day priority mail so they'd get there by Friday (hopefully!) at the latest.

More blue ones are coming in on the 16th and should ship on the 17th, arriving by the 19th or 20th.

I have set the cost at the $5.00 that came up in the poll. That's a $2.20 profit which goes to the printing of the shipping labels, my time getting them all bagged up, printing the brochures that come with each, the costs associated with these boards and other sites (I listed them all below).

The new blue bands are due to arrive here on June 16th, an updated date :)

I also wasn't clear enough in the above quote. The free bands are for people who make donations to the running of the websites, these message boards, the chatrooms and the toll-free number, but, unfortunately, NOT to CUSH. Since I paid for the bands myself and would have to pay for shipping, I can't afford to give them away to every one who joins or donates to CUSH. I wish I could, but I just can't. That's why I said at least $15, so I don't actually end up losing money.

CUSH is separate from these boards although we're all working for the same purpose and we're all the same members. But the money aspects are completely different.

CUSH was founded as a non-profit organization for Cushies, by Cushies and accepts membership and donations as a non-profit.

These boards, etc, were founded as a "public service" if you will, by one Cushie and the costs are now spiraling way beyond the original fees. With the new boards and the new server, the costs have risen even more. I hate to ask for donations and monetary help outright which is why I thought that these bands would bring in a little extra to help with some of the money that I have spent during the past 5 years and will spend in the future for these boards, the chatroom, the website, etc, etc. I hope that was a little clear! LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

I'm not quite sure to post this, so it will probably be in a couple different places :)

I want to thank the people who generously contributed so that NIH visitors could get Cushie wrist bands. I delivered the first of them last week to Myra B, Lisa J and to the chaplain on the floor. He came in while I was waiting for Myra, was new to NIH and new to Cushing's. I figured he could learn a lot from the included pamphlets and maybe understand his patients a little better as he talks with them each day.

I also left a "package" with Myra to give to another Cushie on their floor who I hadn't met but both Lisa and Myra knew.

So, I distributed the first 4 of the Cushie bands...so far, and I thank you for your generosity in doing this for them.

In addition to the awareness bands, each bag includes a CUSH brochure, my own brochure (the same as I send out with the regular awareness bands), and a Cushings-Help business card.

Each of my brochures was edited to include the name of the person who donated the bands, so that the patients will know that there's another patient out there who did this for them.

Thanks again - you made several Cushies smile last week!

• 1 month later...
  • Chief Cushie

I'm going on vacation August 20, so there will be no deliveries of wristbands between August 20 and September 6. Of course, you can still order, but they won't be shipped until I get home.

Also, there are only 5 left of the yellow large, and 6 of the small blue bands. I don't think I'll be ordering any more, so if you want these, act quickly ;)

Should I ever place another order for these, they would probably be blue large and medium.

• 6 months later...
  • Chief Cushie

Coming March 3rd, new Awareness Bands. These are going to be the light Blue color still with the debossed text in yellow.

The text will read (those are little hearts on the side): ♥ Cushing's Awareness ♥

It's About Time!

I have ordered 60 Medium, 20 Large and 20 Child. Tomorrow, I expect to put up a pre-order form which, as before, will be cheaper than they will be after they arrive.

• 1 year later...
  • Chief Cushie

I've just ordered 20 more of the LARGE awareness bands. As before, there will be a preorder special price of 5.00. After they arrive, the price will be 6.00. Shipping is a flat rate, no matter how many are ordered.

http://cushings-info.com/zen/

You may preorder the LARGE Cushing's Awareness Silicone Bracelet/band now but it won't be shipped until August 7th, 2007.

The bracelets are pale blue with yellow debossed text. Debossing means that the letters of your phrase are molded into the silicone of the wristband and is not merely printed on the surface. These bands read ♥ Cushing's Awareness ♥ It's About Time! These LARGE bands are 8 3/8" around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

The large bands are back in!

• 9 months later...
  • Chief Cushie

I'm getting ready to order some more or the blue / yellow text Cushing's awareness wristbands. Would anyone be interested in the "phat" ones? These could have an awareness ribbon under where it says "pigs" now.

fat_band.jpg

Compared with the normal size debossed.jpg

These would be the same color again:

tn_blueband.jpg

• Chief Cushie

There are still a couple medium sized ones left and several small ones, if anyone is interested.

When I reorder, I'm only getting medium and large.

Normal size for me, please. (Do they come in X-large? Big-wristed Cushie here!)

• Chief Cushie

The medium is 7 3/8 inches and the large is 8 3/8 inches