Henry VIII

Guest Ros

The Mail On Sunday, a British newspaper published a book review of "The Last Days Of Henry VIII" by Robert Hutchinson. The review had the headline "Why Henry VIII had to have 6 wives...(It wasn't his fault, it was his hormones)", alongside a painting of him, with the big torso and skinny legs in tights! So I wasn't in too much doubt what it was going to say! The article says that the book cites the transformation from athletic, to obese, that he was a tyrant (psychotic), depression, ulcers, swollen neck and face, hump, and insomnia. And he only had three mistresses, so a definite sign of a low sex drive compared to other kings! If anyone wants to read the article then I can scan it and email it.

• Over 2000 Posts

Hi Ros

At last a famous figure to promote our cause !!! :D I'd love to read it (lizr007@hotmail.com). I did hear a snippet about it on the radio this morning and was wondering where to find the data! Though where he found the energy to invade France is beyond me .... I can't walk to the dustbins and back!

Let's hope everyone else doesn't assume we've all got syphilis!

Thanks.

Liz

I've sent on the scans - it should be under 1 MB. Let me know if you haven't received it.

He probably spent a bit less physical effort invading France than you take to take out your bins Liz! The syphillis bit was probably the equivalent doctor's explain it all get out factor of the time rather than eating too much! Mind you I'm sure that some doctors today would appreciate another excuse... :D

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Ros,

Thanks again for my copy!

I was just thinking...... :D If you have been diagnosed with Cushing's

perhaps you could contact the news paper publisher of the article. They may just want to interview you and it could get some publicity for Cushing's!

Cathy :wub:

Hi Ros! I'd like a copy too! I remember hearing a bit about about Henry, but not the whole story. After you posted this I remember the paintings I've seen of him. You're right!! Fat, lazy and obese. Not enough exercise (even with the extra wifes and mistresses!! As far as invading France--he just had his generals do it. Did he ever go into battle in his later years?!! The only exercises he did was watching the guillotine fall.

How interesting (and ridiculous) that the drs. of today can diagnose Henry with a hormonal disorder and completely discount what their patients of today are exhibiting.

Love, Sheryl

e-mail: csrupke@yahoo.com

Received the Henry VIII notes in my email today and thank you!!

Lots of interesting ideas about hormonal problems (--read Cushings--)in this article.Am going to print it as the scan is quite small, but readable if I take my time!! :P

Love, Sheryl