Cortisol inhibitor?

Came across this today....

http://www.diobex.com/news.html

And more about it here...

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....+2005,+09:04+AM

Hugs,

Canasa

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Very interesting! They didn't say whether or not they could treat cushing's with this inhibitor. Perhaps that will come as soon as they get it on the market.

Thanks! Great information!

• Over 2000 Posts

This is actually based on research that came out a few years ago with 11-[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and mice. You can read alot about the research on the web.

I don't know if it will help us or not, but I know I was willing to try just about anything - lol.

Pseudo cushings, cushings, crazy woman... I had gotten just about to the point where quite frankly, it didn't matter.... :unsure: I was ill.

He knew it too.... he knew it. :(

Yeah I found it interesting... but I think that in order for it to TREAT cushings, whether it be adrenal, pituitary or ectopic in source, it would have to shrink the tumor causing the high cortisol levles. Just in my humble opinion. It hopefully will be good news for those that have high cortisol readings but NO tumor, or something that can help cyclic patients until the tumor can be found???

Hugs,

Canasa

Guest roxi

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in, before I knew I had a tumor, I took some cortisol lowering over the counter products and felt great for two days then woke up in a very bad low....I think I am cylical so I assume that it lowered my cortisol too much....actually that is when I went to my kidney dr thinking I had a stone, dizzy, vertigo nauseauted.

I immediately stopped taking the cortisol reducer, I hope this drug does not work the same way. It would be a blessing to have this drug work and no surgery, but if tumor is still there you are right it probaly wont work....sigh...

• 5 months later...
Yeah I found it interesting... but I think that in order for it to TREAT cushings, whether it be adrenal, pituitary or ectopic in source, it would have to shrink the tumor causing the high cortisol levles.  Just in my humble opinion.  It hopefully will be good news for those that have high cortisol readings but NO tumor, or something that can help cyclic patients until the tumor can be found???

Hugs,

Canasa

Very interesting info.

Personally I think that it will be primarily useful to Pseudo Cushing's patients as strong cortisol inhibition effects would have a an effect in not only lowerinf cortisol levels, but also in allowing the HPA Axis to re-set and allow cortisol secretion levels to return to normal.

Leroy