Looking for an Article

PennyL

I remember reading somewhere that some 24 UFC's that are within the normal range but have a creatine ratio over 50 should be consider as high.

Does anyone else remember this? If so, can you please help me find it?

Thanks

PennyL

That is because I spelled it wrong. It should be creatinine.

I found the article and this stupid brain of mine had it all backwards.

It says:

Urinary creatinine may also be

measured to verify the adequacy of the urine collection. If

glomerular filtration rate is less than 30 ml/min, the urinary

cortisol excretion is decreased and may thus be normal despite

the presence of excessive cortisol production.

But thanks for trying Lorri, {{{{{{Luv ya}}}}}}

PennyL

I'm not sure, the article is on the reference page it?s titled:

Diagnosis and Complications of Cushing?s Syndrome:

A Consensus Statement

• Over 2000 Posts

Estimation using creatinine clearance

In clinical practice, however, creatinine clearance is used to measure GFR. Creatinine is an endogenous molecule, synthesized in the body, which is freely filtered by the glomerulus (but also secreted by the renal tubules in very small amounts). Creatinine clearance is therefore a close approximation of the GFR. However, the approximation of the GFR calculation is best measured by the evaluation and visualization of the frequency and duration of urination. The GFR is typically recorded in units of volume per time, e.g. milliliters per minute (ml/min).

Thanks Penny!!! Apparantly it does make a difference, no wonder I never have a high UFC and never will either. I will bring this up to the dr. Your questioned helped me. Gotta love ya girl.

Lorri

• Over 2000 Posts

I know in my case my output levels are too low... but no one wants to look at that. I wonder if THIS is why I can't get a high ufc to save my life :)

Estimation using creatinine clearance

In clinical practice, however, creatinine clearance is used to measure GFR. Creatinine is an endogenous molecule, synthesized in the body, which is freely filtered by the glomerulus (but also secreted by the renal tubules in very small amounts). Creatinine clearance is therefore a close approximation of the GFR. However, the approximation of the GFR calculation is best measured by the evaluation and visualization of the frequency and duration of urination. The GFR is typically recorded in units of volume per time, e.g. milliliters per minute (ml/min).

Thanks Penny!!! Apparantly it does make a difference, no wonder I never have a high UFC and never will either. I will bring this up to the dr. Your questioned helped me. Gotta love ya girl.

Lorri

Glad I could help!!!!

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

OK I plead dense today. I just got back a UFC an hour ago and I was VERY careful to make sure that I collected only 24 hours 8:20 am to 8:20 am.

My cortisol was 41.7 (high normal) but my creatinine was 3.12 (0.63 to 2.50 normal range) and total volume 1200.

I just did this test last Friday and I started a new jug today before I got these results.

So what does it mean that my creatinine was elevated given I collected correctly?

Archived