Need to look up diagnosis codes?

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Since the Cushing's diagnosis is so elusive, I am keenly interested in what codes doctors use on my lab slips to order all of these tests. What is it they say I DO have?!?!

I found this site to be very helpful. I am not sure where I got this, but I have been using it for quite a while. It is great!

Click here to visit the website for diagnosis codes.

I am proud to be getting a few more 255.0 listings on my lab slips now!! :)

~Melissa

• Over 2000 Posts

HEY MELISSA!!!!

I HAD TO PUT THIS OUT HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{THANK YOU}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

ANYONE THAT IS A NEWBY AND NEEDS SOME INFO, THIS LADY RIGHT HERE WILL DIG DEEP TO FIND IT FOR YOU!!! YOU HAVE BEEN THE STRENGTH AND KNOWLEDGE THROUGH THIS FOR ME AND I TRULY APPRECIATE ALL THE TIME YOU SPEND LOOKING THESE THINGS UP FOR US!!!

HUGS,

LORRI

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

This is what my latest lab order said:

Diagnosis 277.7 Dysmetabolic syndrome x

A multifaceted syndrome characterized by HYPERINSULINEMIA; dyslipidemia (HYPERLIPIDEMIA); essential HYPERTENSION; abdominal OBESITY; and GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE in individuals with INSULIN RESISTANCE. It is different from MICROVASCULAR ANGINA (cardiac syndrome X).

Diagnosis 227.3 Benign neoplasm of pituitary gland and craniopharyngeal duct

Diagnosis 626.4 Irregular menstrual cycle

Thanks Melissa. I never used to pay as much attention to these kind of things.

When we were in LA in June I noticed the insurance code on our lab slips. I tried finding it on the internet but was having a hard time. So I called my sister who works in Human Resources at our local hospital. I knew she could get it easy. I was surprised to find 255.0 equaled Cushings. I had thought testing would require some "lesser" code & then a move up the scale as results came in.

Judy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Over 2000 Posts

Thanks Melissa,

I happened to need this today. I called a Cosmetic dermatologist to see if Tattooing of my Eyebrows and eyeliner would be covered. They told me that they accept my Insurance, but have never billed for it. They were wondering which code to bill under, because all of their billing is usually under cosmetic enhancement and insurance won't pay for that.

I am praying that my insurance will cover it.

Archived