Second Radio Show: Symptoms and Diagnosis

• Over 2000 Posts

I am interested in telling my story, Since my disease started possibly when I was a little girl ( 7) and I finally got a diagnosis in 2005.

How do you do this? Can I make my appointment? I have cycling Cushings, Thyroid disease, GH deficiency, and Auto immune Alopecia. I believe I am cured after two Pituitary surgeries.

Can we use Skype to call in?

Fill me in.

Hugs,

Karen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Chief Cushie

Yes, you can use Skype :)

This is from the website that holds these chats:

Is this going to be a long distance call?

All phone numbers are local to New York, USA. Therefore, if you are outside the local area, you will be making a long distance call when phoning in to listen to a show. However, many phone carriers provide unlimited long distance for a basic monthly fee. VoIP providers also provide low-cost unlimited long distance service.

Free alternatives include streaming the show on your computer or using a computer-to-phone solution such as Skype. Hosts also have the option to activate a Click-To-Talk feature in their account which allows listeners with a microphone headset to join a show without calling your dial in number, and hence for free.

I am not sure about that Click-To-Talk thing just because I haven't looked for it yet or used it. Probably works fine, though.

We would love to have you as a guest. I was planning on setting up a form for people who wanted to be interviewed...and my computer crashed :hug:

Since I don't have that form yet, here's what I'd like to know about possible guests:

If there's a bio on the site, the URL

If there isn't, please tell us a little bit about you, especially diagnosis, surgeries, meds, other treatments

If there are questions you'd like to have asked, that you would like to talk about or if there are topics you want to avoid,

We have the next 3 chats tentatively set up already so the next one would be Feb 14, if all works out well.

Tentative Future Guests:

• Jayne, January 31, 2008. MaryO hosts an interview with Jayne, a Cushing's patient who had pituitary surgery and a bilateral adrenalectomy before finding the true source of her ectopic Cushing's.

Jayne also had a miracle baby despite her illness, which usually makes women infertile. She was featured in her local paper. Read that article here: Baby boy is miracle to mother with Cushing's disease
  • Alicia (medcats10), February 7, 2008. Tentative interview with Alicia, a Cushing's Message Board member who is still testing.

This show will be at 7:30PM (note later time!)

• Over 2000 Posts

Ok Mary, I'd like to try for an interview, but as you know skype is free, but a lot of calls get dropped. I would probably call in, unless you think the Skype will be fine.

I don't have a Bio on the site (bad girl) but I would love to send a letter along giving all of my information. Where do I send that to?

Also I would have loved to be on Feb 14th but that is my 21st Anniversary, I have to go to Albany NY for the weekend. Maybe the next show?

Hugs,

Karen

• Chief Cushie

You can either PM me the information or email it to CushingsHelp@gmail.com

Do you want to do it this Thursday, then? Right now, JudyColby is planning to call back but she might be able to wait until Feb 14.

The website says that Skype is fine. I've never used it so I don't really know, though.

• Over 2000 Posts

I could do this Thursday, but didn't you say that Judy was on before and that she is going to return to finish her story? She really has a story to tell with two Children fighting the disease at the same time, and now am I wrong, but Dad has it too? That is a story.

We can try skyping, this way I can see you all and you can see me too. If the Skype disconnects us at any time I can just dial you back up. I will get busy and e-mail my story to you. We can figure out when I could be on later.

Hugs,

Karen

Thanks Holly for being interested in my story

• Chief Cushie

I'd say Judy for this week since the listeners are already primed to hear the rest of her story in a couple days :hug:

That will give you time to write up your whatever, Karen, and I still need something from Alicia...

Sounds great to me. I will try to listen this Thursday night.

Knock um dead Judy.

Ummmm or is that break a leg?????

HUgs,

Karen

I'll try, just don't laugh at me.

Knock um dead Judy.

as for this, well the righ doctors won't be listening!!!LOL

• Over 2000 Posts

hee heeee Judy your funny. Right Doctors hee hee

Don't be nervous, after all your just going to be talkinf to friends. keep that in mind. I would never laugh at you.

I am going to try to listen tonight. I have to figure out how first ^_^

Hear you soon,

Karen

• Chief Cushie

To listen, be sure that your computer speakers are turned on.

Then, just click the BlogTalk microphone image in my signature to listen while the show is going on. If the show isn't going on, you can hear the archived past shows that way.

• 1 month later...
  • Chief Cushie

Part 2 coming up this Thursday.

Please remember to call in - (646) 200-0162

• Chief Cushie

25 minutes until showtime!

Please call in :o

We still need more people for these shows, either to be interviewed or to just talk. The last people on the schedule are currently Monica and Crystal on March 27th.

• Chief Cushie

The lastest episode from tonight is up at the Podcast page of this site, BlogTalkRadio or through iTunes Podcasts

Enjoy!

Later it will also be on the CushingsHelp Podcast

• 5 months later...
  • Chief Cushie

Call in tonight to talk to Robin and MaryO!

The Call-In number is (646) 200-0162

Archived