We need *YOU* to volunteer

• Chief Cushie

How is Thursday June 26, 7:30PM Alicia?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good, it will be right after my disability medical screening, I should have lots to talk about!

Alicia

PS I get all confused with time differences, can you figure out what time it will be Arizona time?

• Chief Cushie

Arizona is 3 hours earlier so 7:30 would be 4:30 PM. Would you like to have this chat later or a different day?

No, that will be great, I already have it on the calendar!! I don't think my disability appointment should take me 2 1/2 hours...right??? :dunno:

Alicia

• Chief Cushie

Sounds good :) Who knows how long those things can take, though :dunno:

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Hi Mary,

I apologize for not posting on here sooner. I know I had discussed with you a possible June chat, but I'm just not up to it right now. I anticipate I'll be up to it in July though. This infection has really taken a toll, and I'm finally turning that corner.

Thanks Mary:)

• Chief Cushie

I figured you weren't up to it yet. Whenever you're ready, that's fine.

I hope you feel better soon!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

We're still (and always!) in need of volunteers. Several people said in their bios that they would like to do an interview but none has responded to my email about setting up a time.

So...if you would like to do an interview, now's the time to sign up otherwise it's going to be summer break time after Katie's interview on the 24th.

Available:

July 17

July 31

August 7

August 14

August 21

August 28 (with Robin hosting)

Remember that the time can be changed and the date is flexible, too.

We'd love to hear from *you*!

Mary, sign me up for July 17. My mom will also be here and maybe can answer some questions about what it's like to support someone through the diagnostic and treatment process.

Just someone let me know where to call and how this all works...I'm a newbie to the radio stuff!

Hugs,

Kate

• Chief Cushie

That would be great - thanks, Kate!

Here are the directions:

Basically you call into the show at 646-200-0162 (a new York number) between about 7:20-7:25 PM eastern. We can talk for a couple minutes before the show starts.

When the show starts, a British sounding female voice says "BlogTalkRadio.

Then I have a little recorded generic sound byte that plays about the website.

Then I introduce you and we can chat just like you're on the phone with a friend except that it's recorded.

The total show is 30 minutes. At about the 25 minute mark, I'll let you know it's time to wind down, say thank yous and tell people about the following week's guest.

Occasionally, the show runs overtime and that's ok, too. After 30 minutes, it doesn't run live to listeners but it is recorded into the podcast. A recent interview was 47 minutes long and that recorded just fine.

Then a recorded voice (mine) says good night, thanks, where to find the podcasts etc.

And that's it. It's really just like talking on the phone with a friend.

People can listen live or to the archived chat at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CushingsHelp The can also chat in the included chatroom. Sometimes listeners will post comments or questions from there and I'll add those to the interview.

The archives are usually up about 30 minutes after the end of the show.

The call-in number is (646) 200-0162

Thanks so much for doing this! I really appreciate you taking the time to do a show.

Mary, I'm looking forward to it. I think it will be neat that my mom will be here, too. I hope talking about Cushing's issues will help others.

Looking forward to calling in on the 17th....

Love,

Kate

• Over 2000 Posts

Mary,

If you'd like someone to talk about steroid induced cushings I'd be happy to talk about my nightmare experience with back injections. Took almost a year to get relief from the cushing symptoms.

I'm in Indiana so if you want me to help just let me know when and the time. :wub:

I'm also happy to host any of these interviews because my 1st career was in broadcasting.

• Chief Cushie

Thanks Gracie and Gina!

I'm a little overwhelmed with life-stuff right now but I'll add you to the calendar, Gracie and I'd like to set up a date for you Gine :shifty:

And - I would love to have you do some interviews! The more, the merrier!

Thanks for volunteering!

I did sign up for a voice chat. I'd like to do one, hopefully this summer, before the school year starts. I'll be away from 8/3-8/9.

Mar

• Chief Cushie

How about August 14, then?

have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chief Cushie

Our guest for this Thursday, August 7, has cancelled :)

Does anyone want to be interviewed or do a second interview? If not, we may have to just cancel this week.

Thanks!

Hi Mary-- I've been away for awhile, but I would be glad to fill in for this Thursday. Please let me know. l would talk about what it's been like for 30 plus years living with Addison's after a BLA.

Lots of other things too in that time period.

Also, I would like to inform everyone who reads this to look up: www. angelfoodministries.com.

This is a website for everyone who need help with groceries. My husband and I just signed on and so far it seems a good program.

SherylR

My phone number has changed. 616-406-9495

• 1 month later...
  • Chief Cushie

We are still (and always!) in need of volunteers to chat in an interview. Several people check off the box to be interviewed on the bio form but most have done it accidentally.

There are several people who will do a chat sometime in the future but there is no one with a firm date at this time

Currently 8,224 people have listened to these interviews on BlogTalk Radio alone. I have no way of knowing how many listen through the Podcast page of this site, the CushingsHelp Podcast or through iTunes Podcasts

This is a fantastic way to spread the word about Cushing's.

Won't you please take 30 minutes of your time for a fun phone call? Neither Robin nor I bite - honest!

• Chief Cushie

There are already 34 (I think) past interviews so you can listen to any of those and hear how they go. The archived chats are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CushingsHelp

Here's how it works...

Basically you call into the show at 646-200-0162 (a new York number) between about 7:20-7:25 PM eastern. We can talk for a couple minutes before the show starts.

When the show starts, a British sounding female voice says "BlogTalkRadio.

Then I have a little recorded generic sound byte that plays about the website.

Then I introduce you and we can chat just like you're on the phone with a friend except that it's recorded.

The total show is 30 minutes. At about the 25 minute mark, I'll let you know it's time to wind down, say thank yous and tell people about the following week's guest.

Occasionally, the show runs overtime and that's ok, too. After 30 minutes, it doesn't run live to listeners but it is recorded into the podcast. A recent interview was 47 minutes long and that recorded just fine.

Then a recorded voice (mine) says good night, thanks, where to find the podcasts etc.

And that's it. It's really just like talking on the phone with a friend.

People can listen live or to the archived chat at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CushingsHelp They can also chat in the included chatroom. Sometimes listeners will post comments or questions from there and I'll add those to the interview.

The archives are usually up about 30 minutes after the end of the show.

The call-in number is (646) 200-0162

Thanks for your interest!

Okay, I said I would do it at my 6 month post op and now I am headed for my 1 year appointment. I would be happy to do it, just give me a date. I have my appointment on October 1 and so maybe the week after would be a good time as I can then give a full update of my recovery. Just let me know. I will review the instructions if it is a go for me. Thanks Mary!

Mary: I'd be glad to have a 'chat'. I will be in LA next week, but will be back on 9/29. If you want to do it that week, let me know. THANKS!

Archived