Australia has us beat

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

This has nothing to do with Cushing's, but just wanted to post it in case anyone is interested.

Australia now has America beat with the highest obesity rating in the world.

AUSTRALIA has become the fattest nation in the world, with more than 9 million adults now rated as obese or overweight, according to an alarming new report.

The most definitive picture of the national obesity crisis to date has found that Australians now outweigh Americans and face a future "fat bomb" that could cause 123,000 premature deaths over the next two decades.

If you want to read on. ... .

http://www.theage.com.au/national/nine-mil...tjv.html?page=1

Yes, quote " If we ran a fat Olympics we'd be gold medal winners as the fattest people on earth at the moment,"

My youngest son is one of them, my other 2 children have never been fat. I have taken him may times to different doctors for blood tests and asked them to talk to him about the risks of beeing heavy. So what happens they do the blood tests which come back normal, then they say Joe everythings is great just eat less.

Now the thing is he eats a lot, a lot of good food. I have tried to get him to eat smaller portions and he just about cracks it. He is 20 and about 140 kilos. My daughter managed to take him to Weight watchers (she lived 50 minutes away from us) and he lost about 13kgs, then he did not want to go anymore as he said he could do it on his own. Well it crept back up.

They have never bothered to explain the health risk even when i have asked them to talk to him. Yet if you were to go in about another health issue they would soon say your too fat , loose weight ....mmmmmmmmm...i could go on more there and i'm sure most of us here could as well.

I've been told that when he is ready he will do something about it. Well i just don't want it to be too late, so i will keep trying any avenues.

Sorry i went on a bit.

Best wishes

Anka

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Dave ! :angry:

I can ALWAYS count on you for a

good laugh.

I'm the one who started that game

so maybe I just want to be around more

of my kind.

Thanks, Dave. That was good.

Nicole