Thyroid disease is 1 of the top diseases most misdiagnosed in women

• Over 2000 Posts

Here's an interesting article about the 3 most missed diagnosised illness in women.

The 1st is Heart disease, the 2nd is thyroid disease & 3rd is Fibromyalgia. Very interesting article. Link to full article below.

Thyroid disease is one of the most often undiagnosed and misdiagnosed diseases. According to the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, up to 27 million Americans may be affected by thyroid diseases. Of this number, more than 50% are undiagnosed. One research study reported that 3% of college-age women studied had a thyroid disorder.

3 most commonly misdiagnosed conditions in Women

• Over 2000 Posts

I would like to add that I think endocrine disease is the most mis understood.

Lisa

Just a couple of weeks ago, I found a brochure in the office of my local labcorp about thyroid disease---it was published in 2005----and according to this brochure---my local doctors should have tested me for a "rare pituitary tumor" due to my odd lab levels.

I wonder if doctors are misdx'g thyroid disease---and their patients develop diabetes. There are a whole lot of people who have diabetes----and some of them I know look like they have Cushings.

Archived