DES Babies

Guest Tee

Guest Lynne Clemens

I just got an e-mail from someone contributing to the Cushings Register who mentioned that she is a DES baby.  DES is Diethylstilbestrol, a drug they used to give pregnant women to prevent miscarriage.  At the time, the only risk they knew of was possible uterine cancer for the mother.  After many years, they found that there was a risk to the DES daughters, too, so they pulled it from the market.

DES has been proven to be linked to clear cell cancer and Hashimotos thyroiditis, and there is mounting evidence of a link to autoimmune disorders.

I am also a DES daughter.  The question posed was, how many of us are DES daughters and could there be a link?  If you are able to ask your mothers, please do, and check in here.

nope, i'm not a des baby.  but i did mention i had a head injury on another board.  there seems to be several theories floating around here on the boards.  Lol, perhaps we'll all stumble onto something and end up educating the doctors. baaa.gif

-Tee