Flippers for adults with damaged/missing teeth

sal

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

My teeth were ruined by tetracycline as a child. It stained the dentin and I haven't been able to afford laminates. Lately my teeth have started to decay at an alarming rate and the consensus is that it's the cortisol. Anyway, after ALL the dentists I've talked to not one of them ever told me there was a such thing as this. I had heard all my life about movie stars having their "teeth capped" and they always say "there is no such thing". I knew that couldn't be true. I'm sure somebody is going to act like this is old news, especially those with braces, but I had never heard of them and I'm sure a lot of other people havn't and we may all benefit. Anyway, they're called flippers and they make an impression of your teeth and fit you for these to go over your own teeth or to replace a missing one. They don't look as good as laminates but they're passable. I'm not saying it's a permanent solution but at about $300 from an online lab they are an affordable alternative. They're fragile and you can't eat with them but for special occasions, pictures, wedding photos, etc. they'd be perfect. Just thought I'd share. :)

They use these for kids in pageants when they lose their baby teeth and are waiting for adult ones to grow in. If you want to see how they look before buying you can watch "toddlers and tiaras" or "little miss perfect."

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

Yep, that's where I saw it first. They say if you take care of them right they can last for years. It's another one of those moments when you wonder how you could've gone all these years and not known about something so simple. I've agonized over not being able to afford laminates for so long. Oh well, better late than never. At least the cortisol decay won't show until I can afford to get all that fixed. It's like it happened over night.

Archived