VoiceChat (BlogTalk) changes

MaryO

• Chief Cushie

Important: Beginning on February 1, 2011, all free hosts (that's us) will be limited to one, 30-minute show per day during non-primetime hours (shows can't be between 7-11 PM eastern anymore).

I am not sure if they will cut us off at 30 minutes anymore or will still let us keep talking until we're done.

To keep our shows at our usual time (7:30PM eastern) would cost a minimum of $29 a month and I don't think that this is worth it.

So...future voice chats may be during the day or on weekends.

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

I bet you can get people to participate in the calls *more* on the weekend, so i think this is a good chamge. i listened to the dr f chat 1 last night. this is a great resource. thank so much to you and robin and everyone who shares their story.

I always listen to them but am usually working/busy during "primetime hours" so I think no matter when you do them (and as Melissa said, weekends might be better for more people to participate!) they will still get downloaded onto iPods to listen later. I think it's so great to hear other people's stories.

• 8 months later...
  • Chief Cushie

The cost has gone to $39 a month or $399 annually and so I've finally cancelled this service. We can still have interviews which end by 7:00 PM eastern or start after 11:30 (I think)

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Archived