Cushings body aches

Guest Barbara

Question

Guest Barbara

Hello,

I was finally diagnosed with cushings a few months ago and on 4-26-2012 had a 2cm macroadenoma removed from my pituitary gland. I am feeling better but at the same time, I feel like strange things are happening to my body. My wonderful endocrinologist keeps telling me to give this 6 months and it will get better. I get very achy in the evenings. I take 30 to 40 mg of hydrocortisone in the am an 10 to 20 in the pm. Sometimes I hurt so bad I have trouble walking up the stairs and it wakes me at night. Will this get better or will I have to learn to live with this. Than you.

2 answers to this question

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

(((hugs))) I've heard that it gets better, it can take up to a year for aches and pains to lessen. Aches are a good sign that you are cured...... I hope you feel better, Good luck & God bless.

Hi Barbara and welcome! A 2 cm macroadenoma?! Wow! Congrats on getting to surgery. You sure are on a ton of hydro yet it sounds like you need more from the symptoms you are having. Have you had your Igf-1 (growth hormone) checked? What about other hormones? I would imagine a tumor that size would mess things up. How are your electrolytes? Oh, and what brand of hydro are you on?

love,

melly