About those pins...

Guest SuziQ2

We could have a Cloisonne pin made.  There is a one time set-up charge for these.

We could have a Die Cast pin made that are gold, silver or pewter plated.  There is a one time mold-charge.

We could have a Soft Enamel Die Cast pin made.  There is a one-time die charge and color charge.

We could have a Lexus Gold pin made.  These are 14k gold plate and we can add Cloisonne.  There is a one time die-charge for these also.  

All these pins can be made with a safety bar pin.

I liked the idea of a pin and then using the ribbon under it.  Does that make sense?  Like pinning the ribbon with the pin...

Okay...so I'm sending Mary a drawing.  I drew this myself.  Keep in mind that I am not an artist.  Hopefully she can attach it to this topic so you can all look at it and give me suggestions, criticism or ridicule...Take your best shots.  I'd wondered about doing the pin in color.  Oh, and also...I made it rather large.  Naturally, the pin would be scaled down.

• Over 2000 Posts

Here's Sue's idea...

CUSH.jpg

Guest Lynne Clemens

I guess you made it that big because that's how big your coffee mug was, LOL.

I like the idea.  I would prefer it in gold (or gold colored).  If we mass-produce, perhaps we can give them away as gifts for membership.

Actually it was a drinking glass.  Gold would be good.  Any others with color ideas?

Lynne also would like us to get a quote on this:

Cushings Understanding Support Help.  I don't know if I can draw that one, Lynne.  

• 2 weeks later...

We have two pins. ?One of them is a ribbon and we are going to do it in two shades of blue and yellow. ?The C will be in the yellow. ?And we are going with the gold for the drawing I did. ?Mary will post our choices for us. ?The one is not in our colors and it has an H instead of a C, but you can get the idea. ?The cloisonne is Ű.00 delivered and the gold is บ.00 delivered.  The gold is a pin and the cloisonne will have the tac type backing.  Cookie chose the thinnest one available so that it doesn't make large holes.  

I can't decide so I want one of each.  

(Edited by SuziQ at 7:21 am on Dec. 17, 2001)

• Over 2000 Posts

The large version of the ribbon pin.  See Sue's post before this to find out more about the colors...

ribbon-pin.jpg

And, an idea about the circle pin...

CUSH.jpg

• Over 2000 Posts

And, I'm going to put a copy on the "main board" so everyone will see.

copy here

Guest cushiecookie

The pins will be ordered as soon as possible. It would help if all of you start sending in your Membership Dues so we can pay to have pins made. Also any tax deductable Donations would help. I already have 4 friends who are charter members plus a 贄. donation, and I donated the PO Box. Come on everyone!!! ask friends, family ,co-workers, announce our organization in local papers. Write an article about you and us. If you'd like I will write a fill in the blank for everyone to use or change and use. This wonderful organization will only work and live if we all work together. Call in favors, "I joined your organization, now you can join mine". If any of you can get things like the envelopes to mail the pins in donated, go for it and let me know. There are lots of things we can use and any donation is tax deductable. Stress that..TAX DEDUCTABLE.. ?email me...cushiecookie@yahoo.com for questions, help or just to chat and send those checks and membership forms to me at CUSHO- ?P.O. Box 24748 - Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124 ? ? ?Have a healthy, happy, safe holiday. ? lol cookie

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member of the 1000 Post Club

What about that form letter or brochure so we can send them out to friends? I will have a much greater chance of garnering support if we have printed material. Is this something we can do only when we get more money? If so, let me know k?

Great job on the paypal link it works great!

• 1 month later...
Guest Lynne Clemens

:love: I just tried to order my pins online, and got a message that the form was rejected????  Maybe I should just use snail-mail???

WAAHHHHH!!! I WANT MY PINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Over 2000 Posts

Did you get an error message?  What did it say?

Guest Lynne Clemens

Yes, Mary.  It said:

BAD REFERRER - ACCESS DENIED

The form attempting to use FormMail resides at http://www.adfilter.com/, which is not allowed to access this cgi script.

If you are attemptng to configure FormMail to run with this form, you need to add the followingto @referrers, explained in detail in the README file.

Add 'www.adfilter.com' to your @referrers array.

I just ordered two sets of pins!!!! ?I'm so excited about this! ?I can hardly wait to get them. ?

Please note: ?The pins have been discussed in great detail at different times. ?I want you all to know that the drawing shown here are not what the pins are going to look like. ?If you go to www.CUSH.org there is a description of the pins as we finally designed them. ?I'm so sorry that we cannot post an actual picture of them, but they are not made yet, althought they have been ordered. ?I was pleased to be a part of designing the pins, and I hope you all like what we chose. ?Remember, this is our first project and we are novices. ?To all of you who do order, sight unseen, we are appreciative. ?And all advance orders are especially appreciated as the cost exceeds our funds. ?Remember, we are newly organized and are still operating on very limited funds. ?To my knowledge, there is not another Cushings organization that has pins and ribbons. ?We are the first and only. ?I'm also checking into how we can make the blue and yellow ribbon official for the disease.... ?

Thank you all for being a part of my life and for all the encouragement and love you've given to me.

Sue

• Over 2000 Posts

Gee, I wonder where all that came from.  I used the same form as I did for the membership and I don't think anyone's had any problems with that.

Very weird...I'll have to check that out.  That's most definitely NOT where the script is located!

• Over 2000 Posts

Sue, did you order off the form on the website?

How did you do that? ?How did you read it while I was posting it?

Anyhow, I went to CUSH and ordered them. ?In description I wrote that I'd ordered 2 ribbon pins and 2 circle pins and sent $45.00. ?I figured I only had to add the $ once....as it was one order.

Sue

I think I did a good description of the pins.  Let me know if you don't understand.  And I promise to contact Cookie so Mary can post when the pins can be expected.  Hope it's not tooooooooo long!  I can't wait to wear one.

Sue

• Over 2000 Posts

I just ordered a set online, too - used PayPal and didn't get any kind of error messages or anything (I remembered my extra $1, too!)

Could someone send me more info on the pins to my email.

I'm not sure how you are handling Canadian requests. Let me know.

I am also interested in the bear. it would be good to have before the 25th of feb as I go in for the PSS test.

Thanks.

Pattie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest SuziQ2

The pins will be on their way soon.  Cookie says the ribbon pin is wonderful and that the background on the circle pins could have been a bit darker.  She hopes we will like them.  Remember, this is our first venture with our new organization.  We learn as we go.  She has to get a vendor's license before she can ship them out.  Now, we will have the 'real thing' to scan for others to view.  I know a lot of us purchased them 'sight unseen' but I'm sure there are others who would like to see them before ordering.

I'd like to thank eveyone for their orders and for their patience.  You are the greatest to have so much faith.

Sue