Test By Illness

Guest Shauna

• Over 2000 Posts

Hi Bonnie!

that's excellent, thanks!  I remember one site where you could check off your symptoms and it'd give you diseases to look at but for the life of me, I can't remember it.  Do you have any idea?  I thought it was bio-----something but now I just plain don't know.

I love stuff like this..thanks again!

You would love the site Mrs genius Shauna.  I like those sites too and I would love to know if anyone knows that other site.  I was only thinking last night wouldn't it be nice if you could go into a site check off your symptoms and then they could tell you you have an 80% chance of this disease and a 70% chance of this one and so on.  That's what I was thinking before I went to sleep and voila my prayers have been answered   --  nearly.  Put your thinking cap on Shauna.  Thanks for the info Bonnie  Dot

Shauna Oh Genie not genuis I see,  You are brilliant I always knew it and sometimes when I write to people by email I say ask Shauna she'll know>  I hope you don't mind.  Maybe you should post that on the main board what do you think?  Thanks chickey poo.  Dot

• Over 2000 Posts

Works for me, Dot :)  You might want to try purging (not as related to food!) and all that other good stuff.  It's important to do this regularly.

If you don't remember...

PURGING YOUR CACHE

Before reading, you may want to click on "Email to a friend" and E.mail yourself a copy of this for future reference. It is also recommended that you click on "Printable Version" and print out a copy of these instructions to have handy while purging your cache.

Today everyone surfs the Web. When you use the Internet on a regular basis, it is essential that you  "purge your cache." The cache is composed of  files that build up on your computer every time you open a Web page. Opening the page downloads into your computer everything that's ON that page including text, javascript, sound files, images, etc. Needless to say, when you're surfing from page to page, many thousands of files can build up a "cache" on your computer. Unless you purge (clean) them out of your machine, it will slow you down your Internet experience. If you've never purged your cache before, but have surfed the Internet, you will be amazed at how many files have been stored on your machine.

These files are "dumped" into your  "C:WindowsTemporary Internet Files" directory.

AOL MEMBERS:  

In AOL 5.0, go to the "My AOL" icon on the top of the AOL screen.

-- Click on PREFERENCES  

-- Click on the" WWW" icon

The rest is the same for AOL and Non-AOL members using Internet Explorer:

If you're using Internet Explorer from your Windows desktop or going in through AOL's instructions above:

--Click on TOOLS and INTERNET OPTIONS.

It should default to the screen with the GENERAL Tab window open. In the middle of the Window, you will see, TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES.

1) Click on DELETE FILES and when the next window opens, click on OK

2) Do the same thing on that same Window for the HISTORY area.  

--Click on CLEAR HISTORY and then click on Ok when it asks if you want to delete all your history files.

That's called purging your cache. It will prevent pages in your memory from loading and will also allow you to suft the Internet faster when the cache is cleaned up.

This is a diagnostic you should do at least once a day if you do a lot of Web surfing.

---------------------------------------

TO PURGE YOUR CACHE IN NETSCAPE BROWSER:

IN NETSCAPE: click on EDIT and PREFERENCES.

Scroll to ADVANCED and double-click on it.

Highlight CACHE

On the right side of the screen, you'll see two buttons.

1) Clear Memory Cache

2) Clear Disk Cache

-- Click on each one and you'll get a message about clearing the cache.

-- Click "OK" and that will purge your cache in Netscape.

-----------------------------------------

If you followed the instructions, it should have removed the bulk of files downloaded from the Internet every time you visit a page.  There may be files remaining, namely "cookies" which you can remove in Windows Explorer.

To get to Windows Explorer:

-- Right click on the "Start" button on the task bar.

-- Click on "Explorer"

-- Scroll down to the "C:WindowsTemporary Internet Files" directory

-- Highlight all those files and delete them.

Do the same in: C:WindowsCookies

You can do that by clicking on the top file in the list, choosing EDIT from the menu at the top, then choose SELECT ALL, and click on FILE and DELETE.  Be sure you're only deleting files in the TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES  directory/folder.

--------------------------------------------

If you want to read more about cookies, visit http://www.cookiecentral.com

Of course, the site could have been busy....