Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Guest Worried

confused, worried, what to do

Question

Guest Worried

Hi and thanks for this forum.

I'm concerned that I've begun to develop Cushing's Syndrome following severe over/misuse of steroidal cream.

Symptoms include thin skin, easy bruising / wounding, intermittent hypertension (though this may be due to something i've caught), muscle weakness, some rounding in the face, seemingly immunio compromised (i've quickly caught several 'bugs' from public pools, etc)

I started noticing these symptoms a week after stopping the steroidal cream rapidly (I wish I had read more about this before doing so).

Prior to this i had experienced what might be pseudo-cushing syndrome due to heavy depression: stress / anxiety (low immune system, mental fog, severe fatigue).

These symptoms continue today.

My Primary Care Provider dismissed my concerns on last visit and in fact offered what i consider bad advice.

Needless to say i'll be looking for another provider.

I honestly want to go directly to an endocrinologist. How should I approach them to get a quick appointment.

Other than reducing stress, what can i do to lower my cortisol levels.

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

The only way to recover from cushing's caused by steroid use is to stop using the medication and give your body the time to recover. It can take a few months.

BDen gave good advice. However, there are some folks who feel their cushings began with steroids but never went away after stopping them. I would stop the cream and wait a few months. If your symptoms haven't improved then look for a good endo who understands this disease.

Please keep us posted.

love,

melly

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.