Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ellie

Anxious

Question

Guest Ellie

I've been searching every possible alternative explanation. I really hoped I just had a Lipoma but GP was pretty confident no. I've gained about 40lbs in the past year, I bruise easily and I have a Buffalo Hump. Cycle is regular, my mood is good, well ya know pandemic, home schooling, owning a business ... Lol I don't think I'm suffering any unusual stress or anxiety though. I am anxious over the time it's taking to get any info. I had blood drawn and an upcoming sono, date TBD, but don't see my GP for 5 wks! Can I get blood results over ph and skip right to Endocrinologist if Cortisol is high? Any input of speeding this along? Anyone else with only a few symptoms? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Welcome, Ellie.  I can't image how hard it would be to get a diagnosis (or not!) during these COVID times. 

Unfortunately, results from blood tests aren't going to be the answer - just a part of an answer.

You need to get UFCs (urine free cortisol)

Do you need to get a referral to an endo?  They are the best to diagnose Cushing's - if you get one who is familar with testing.  That's the important part.  Not all endos "believe in Cushing's" which is incredible to me.

Unfortunately, there's no real way of speeding a Cushing's diagnosis along.  And, I don't think you'd want to (although I did when I was in the diagnosis phase!)  You want to be absolutely sure that this is what you have AND the source - pituitary, adrenal, ectopic, steroid-induced...

Best of luck to you and please keep us posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Ellie

Thank you! I did get my test. I didn't have a urine test. Just blood test at about 4:30pm with 13.8 ug/dL results. Depending where I read that is normal or high. Very confused.

Unfortunately a 4:30 pm cortisol test can't be used to diagnose or exclude Cushing's. The only useful blood measurement for cortisol would be a midnight one. You really need to do a 24 hour urinary cortisol test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2020 at 1:33 AM, Guest Ellie said:

Anyone else with only a few symptoms?

Yes, that is common.

I've managed to move up some appointments. As stated my Serum Cortisol test about 4:30pm didn't show anything abnormal. My ultrasound confirmed its not a Lipoma but didn't confirm it was anything at all to my knowledge. What test should I request at my 8am appointment this Fri? PM Saliva, 24 Urine, dexamethasone? I guess I'm already expecting this PA to be skeptical based on others experiences.

Thanks!

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this