Day 22, Cushing’s Awareness Challenge 2022

• Chief Cushie

better-bitter.jpeg?resize=193%2C166&ssl=

why-me.png?resize=398%2C398&ssl=1

This is a tough one.  Sometimes I’m in “why me” mode.  Why Cushing’s?  Why cancer?  Unfortunately, there’s not a thing I can do about either.  Cushing’s, who knows the risk factors?  For kidney cancer, I found out the risk factors and nearly none apply to me. So why? But why not?  No particular reason why I should be exempt from anything.

Since there’s nothing to be done with the exception of trying to do things that could harm my remaining kidney, I have to try to make the best of things.  This is my life.  It could be better but it could be way worse.

One of the Challenge topics was to write about “My Dream Day” so here’s mine…

I’d wake up on my own – no snooze alarms – at about 8 am, sun streaming through the window.  I’d we well rested and not have had any nightmares the night before.  I remember my son is home for a visit but I let him sleep in for a while.

I’d get out for a bike ride or a brisk walk, come home, head for the hot tub then shower.  I’d practice the piano (or recorder or Aerophone) for a bit, then go out to lunch with friends, taking Michael with me.  While we’re out, the maid will come in and clean the house.

After lunch, maybe a little technology shopping/buying.  Then the group of us go to one of our homes for piano duets, trios, 2-piano music.

When we get home, it’s immaculately clean and I find that the Prize Patrol has visited and left a substantial check.

I had wisely left something for dinner in the Ninja so dinner is ready.  After dinner, I check online and find no urgent email, no work that needs to be done, no bills that need to be paid, no blog challenge posts to write…

I wake up from My Dream Day and realize that this is so far from real life, so I re-read The Best Day of My Life and am happy that I’m not dealing with anything worse.

beautiful-day.gif?resize=286%2C192&ssl=1

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Chief Cushie

A couple years later and "My Dream Day" is substantially the same but now it would include playing with my grandchildren and, instead of practicing the aerophone, practicing the balalaika.

Today is already not "My Dream Day" since I'm posting this at 4:26 in the morning!

what-happened.png

Maybe next year...

• Like 1