• Chief Cushie

life-be2.gif

I first saw a similar image to this one with the saying Life. Be in it at a recreation center when my son was little.  At the time, it was "Duh, of course, I'm in it".

The original image was a couple of males, a couple of females, and a dog walking/running.  No folks in wheelchairs, no older folks, and certainly no zebras.

It would be nice to have everyone out there walking or running but that's not real life, at least in the Cushie world.  It's been a long time since I've really been In My Life - maybe it's time to get back.

A dear friend who had not one, but two forms of cancer was traveling throughout Europe for the first time after her husband's death wrote:

Some final words before I turn in for the night. If there is a spark of desire within you to do something which is not contrary to God's Holy Law, find a way to make it happen. All things are possible and blessings abound for those who love Him. Life is such an adventure. Don't be a spectator - live every single moment for Him and with Him.

Somedays, it's hard even getting up in the morning but I'm trying.  Pre-COVID I took Water Aerobics for People with Arthritis and I actually went to class three times a week.  After COVID, I took the stuff I learned there and did it 3 times a week as part of "water walking" by myself or with my DH.   I got a "part-time" job several years ago and I'm  teaching piano online.  We had plans for a cruise to Norway which COVID made us reschedule for Alaska, which wass to be rescheduled...again.

I've recently started playing the balalaika with an orchestra even though I never even touched one before.

This is the one and only life I'll ever have and I want to make the most of it!

best-life.png

• Like 1