Dr. Theodore Friedman hosts Gautam Mehta, MD for a fascinating webinar on Approaches for Pituitary Surgery
Dr. Mehta is a neurosurgeon specializing in pituitary surgery at the House Clinic in Los Angeles. He was trained by Ian McCutcheon, MD and Ed Oldfield, MD
Topics to be discussed include:
• How does Dr. Friedman diagnose Cushing’s Disease
• How does Dr. Friedman determine who goes to surgery?
• What type of patients need surgery besides those with Cushing’s Disease?
• How do the neurosurgeon and the Endocrinologist work together?
• How does the neurosurgeon read pituitary MRIs?
• What types of surgical approaches are used for pituitary surgery?
• How long does surgery take and how long will a patient be in the hospital?
• What are the risks of pituitary surgery and how can they be minimized?