dutch wikipedia on cushings

lydia

• Over 2000 Posts

The dutch wikipedia about cushing's mentions the cortisol being up it lowers adh (or vasopressin if you want to call it that way) and thus makes us pee and drink a lot.

Now I wonder, if cyclic, it would mean we pee more in a high? Like as in more and higher volume?

They did test my vasopressin once only, it was lownormal. (hate that word, but it was scratching bottom).

I did notice the week before menses I pee more, I drink more, wake up thirsty in the middle of the night, have dry cracking lips, am flushed, have all the high cycle symptoms in overdrive. Heee I did discover my funniest high symptom, one ear goes red! haha, how stupid is that?

Now the dutch wikipedia mentions something rather untrue to my opinion, it says you only gain some kilo's and it looks like a lot only because of where it is piling up.

In dogs, the symptom that vets first start paying attention is polyuria. Pets start drinking and peeing like crazy. My own dog was drinking 2.5 times as much as she should have been when diagnosed; after treatment her consumption went back to normal.

One of the things that Dr. Z mentioned when he handed the forms for the UFCs was that they are also checking urine volume as well as cortisol output. Perhaps it's one of those under the radar checks in humans, like when they check your breathing while pretending to get your pulse at the doctor's office.

The dutch wikipedia about cushing's mentions the cortisol being up it lowers adh (or vasopressin if you want to call it that way) and thus makes us pee and drink a lot.

Now I wonder, if cyclic, it would mean we pee more in a high? Like as in more and higher volume?

They did test my vasopressin once only, it was lownormal. (hate that word, but it was scratching bottom).

I did notice the week before menses I pee more, I drink more, wake up thirsty in the middle of the night, have dry cracking lips, am flushed, have all the high cycle symptoms in overdrive. Heee I did discover my funniest high symptom, one ear goes red! haha, how stupid is that?

Now the dutch wikipedia mentions something rather untrue to my opinion, it says you only gain some kilo's and it looks like a lot only because of where it is piling up.

That is so weird. People make fun of me all of the time cause one of my ears gets so red.. even purple sometimes.

• Over 2000 Posts
In dogs, the symptom that vets first start paying attention is polyuria. Pets start drinking and peeing like crazy. My own dog was drinking 2.5 times as much as she should have been when diagnosed; after treatment her consumption went back to normal.

One of the things that Dr. Z mentioned when he handed the forms for the UFCs was that they are also checking urine volume as well as cortisol output. Perhaps it's one of those under the radar checks in humans, like when they check your breathing while pretending to get your pulse at the doctor's office.

I wonder what they consider high output though, I see the volume ranges vary in labs here.

How did they treat your dog?

I know poly uria can happen, but most info says that is from low aldosterone in this case.

That is so weird. People make fun of me all of the time cause one of my ears gets so red.. even purple sometimes.

Heee red ear friend:) see..I have the same and I got cushings proven, so I hope it gives you hope. Does your neck get red too?

What you wrote elsewhere on the anti depressants, well I got worse on them actually. I did way better on a benzodiazepine (tranquelizer) but the thing is, it can lower cortisol and that is a problem when testing.

I am high cortisollic today, even on keto, but still on a rather low dose, I allready peed 20 times.

I need to find a better hobby.

Archived