Guess who's going to be on BlogtalkRadio ?

DR. ROB...

To read more on his blog: http://distractible.org/2008/10/01/more-golden-llamas/ (He talks about being on the show.)

For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:

*To get to Cushings-Help show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Click to Listen" button. Press the "Click to Listen" button.

*You can also participate in the live chat room before, during, and after the show. Look for the "Chat Available" button in the upper right hand corner of the page. If you are registered with the BTR site, your registered name and picture will appear in the chat room.

Participate in the chat room and we'll relay questions/comments as we do the show.

Maybe we can entice him again for call-ins!

Hugs,

Robin

Hi, Karen. Dr. Rob is a PCP in Georgia. His blog has grabbed a lot of attention from a lot of us (Cushies) because of his posts and he has graciously encouraged and responded to our comments on his blog. He told me he has now started to test for Cushing's more, and is listening and learning.

Mary O and I do this blogtalkradio to try to get the word out about CUshing's. Dr. Rob has a huge following on his blog with other doctors. Although this takes time and effort we often don't have, we've kept it up (and our blogs up) trying to get the word out about CUshing's. Since Dr. Rob has been featured a few times on the NYT's site, any time anything about Cushing's is mentioned on his site, it gets attention.

I know this seems like a small effort to raise awareness, but every little bit counts. We are trying our hardest to at least make doctors think more about the disease. This is the way we know how. If they won't come to us, we go to them. ;)

I think you'll enjoy Dr. ROb. He seems to have a wonderful sense of humor. But on his serious side, he has a lot of insight about why patients aren't given the time or attention they deserve. He will be worth listening to for that reason alone.

Hugs,

Robin

• Over 2000 Posts

Robin & Mary-O,

I am always amazed at all you guys do to keep up this site and always and looking for new ways to improve our lives and educate the Dr.s one by one.

My Landlords have become the biggest researchers and they have so much knowledge form coming here, (this site) and the wife wound up diagnosing herself with some kind of endocrine problem, I sent her to my PCP and sure enough she has thyroid problems. They have also talked with 2 friends that they feel "looK Cushie" and they approached them and they are both dealing with symptoms so similiar and they are now researching.

This is all from me googling my symptoms and finding this site way back when...One by one is how we get awareness.

Thank You So Much!!!

Love Lisa

Archived