Henry VIII

EFM1062

I've been watching The Six Wives of Henry VIII (1970 BBC version with Keith Michell) and I'm now on Episode 5 - his marriage to Catherine Howard. The morning after speech that she gives to Henry regarding himself - listened to now knowing Cushing's - and you can say most definitely that this man had Cushing's. Irritability, wound not healing, up in the wee hours of the morning, impotence, appetite, strength & stamina from no where.

I am a little upset though - I have his measurements & I'm only 5'5. :)

Yeah, I think he was a cushie...AND... it would take a lot more research, but I may be a descendant....my british granny's maiden name was Humphries...and a co-worker big into geneology traced that name as being tied to descendants of ol' Henry. Lovely.

What we need is a celebrity to come down with it...that will get this disease more publicity.

Yeah, I think he was a cushie...AND... it would take a lot more research, but I may be a descendant....my british granny's maiden name was Humphries...and a co-worker big into geneology traced that name as being tied to descendants of ol' Henry. Lovely.

What we need is a celebrity to come down with it...that will get this disease more publicity.

Interesting. There are maybe more celebrities than we realize. I think there are probably some celebrities that have it and don't know it.

I can't help myself but to look at actors when I watch tv now and wonder. Anyone else look for the hump while watching tv? Or am I just obsessed?

I've read that it is believed that Henry VIII actually had porphyria. Who knows, though, maybe it was actually Cushing's.

Melissa B.

Interesting. There are maybe more celebrities than we realize. I think there are probably some celebrities that have it and don't know it.

I can't help myself but to look at actors when I watch tv now and wonder. Anyone else look for the hump while watching tv? Or am I just obsessed?

i think Chers Transgenered Son is a CUSHY..... just look at the progression over time.....

Two serious head injuries in his life. Its the perfect recipe for Cushings.

Wait a second.....what do you mean by this? Please explain the corrolation between head injuries and cushings. I have never heard this before. (I had a major head injury when I was a pre-teen)

I've been thinking about the teen actor who plays Jake on Two and a Half Men.

Two and a half men was one I was thinking, but I was thinking the actress who plays Berta

Also, Roseanne, Carnie Wilson, Kathy Bates?

I also thought of Kirsty, too.

There's a few more I can't think of right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Melissa B.---I've been reading up on porphyria---and other stuff too---but I think that somewhere, Porphyria was called the "royal" disease---due to lots of English

royalty being afflicted with it.

I have the same thoughts about Henry VIII being a cushie---he could have already been pre-disposed to the disease---and a head injury could have thrown things totally out of whack.

I may be imagining things---but it seems like the documentary I saw on Henry VIII stated that he was a very nice fellow when he was younger---but turned into a royal tyrant later on. Of course being under tons of pressure doesn't help things either.

I was watching repeats of Roseanne here (they are showing it from the beginning) and my husband gives me a funny look when I say that I think she is Cushie. Remembering that she also had gastric bypass which only moderately changed her weight...

The others not so much, but Roseanne, look at those skinny legs & arms & her face. My word.

Archived