A new cause of Cushing's syndrome

Holly

• Over 2000 Posts

Hi Holly,

sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Whats going on with your stomach ?? Sorry you might have already posted & I've missed it...If your cortisol is back down to normal limits, could be that the excess caused the gastro probs & your system got used to it..& doesn't like coming down. Do you have trouble after eating ? My daughter flipped between blown up & skinny till 12 months, didn't grow till age 3 & than ballooned gaining 4lbs a week & having alternating chronic going/no going, with awful pain & sweating after eating anything. is your insulin & glucose ok ?

Jo.

Jo, insulin okay, glucose okay--It hurts like the mother of hell when I eat, I get esophagus spasms--now those are a party to deal with! My belly is bloated and makes me feel like I weight a ton when I eat. Funny, this stuff started only 2 mos ago. I was already off the hydro. I'm gaining fat around the waist although I cannot eat much. I can't take more than ONE small girls' fist-sized meal per day. Its all I eat. I'm worried because my iron levels are on the floor and I dont' think I am metabolizing my iron supplements properly, or if I'm metabolizing anything I eat at all. I can become anemic very easily.

Holly, you might need to have your esophagus stretched. That might stop the spasms. I wonder if you really had these problems all along, but the cortisol was masking the problem. Now that the excess cortisol is all gone, these things have reared their ugly heads? I would ask the Dr. if that is a possibility. I know when mine drops, I seem to have way more problems, physically, going on. My PCP thinks that when my cortisol is up/high, it is masking any pain I would be having from other problems. Just a thought.

Gracie

Gracie, I always thought so too. And it is not only the esophagus problem that was being masked, but also the heart issue too. Its amazing what cortisol can do. How do they stretch the esophagus, do you have to go under for a proceedure to do that?

Archived