what a bizarre story!

didiane

So, I typed Cushing's into youtube search and one of the videos that turned up was an interview with a model that had Cushing's:

Talk about an unusual case: She developed Cushing's symptoms, went to a Chinese acupuncturist for answers. The chinese acupuncturist told her it sounded like cushing's and to go to an ER immediately. From there she was sent to a general physician in NY who diagnosed her "in the waiting room" with Cushing's. She went in for emergency surgery two weeks later!

Oh, if only it were that easy for all of us.

• Over 2000 Posts

I sent an e-mail asking if she'd do an interview with MaryO and Robin for our radio show.

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

It sounds like she was told a bunch of stuff that she didn't question. Most people hear things healthwise and don't dig any further. She also kept mentioning a massive tumour, which can't be right. Who knows.

She didn't have access to anything like these boards and I'm sure she'd find it interesting now. I hope she'd agree to do an interview, though!

I watched this and my first impression was she certainly dint look that bad at all. I wish my with Cushings pictures looked as good. Well she is a model.

I also thought some things sounded a little stange maybe a little dramatic. When she said she had all the crafty things going I was jeolous. How did she get on the floor and cut out frabric I would never be able to get back up, never the less place patterns and cut them! Good for her!

I also just saw the one on Montel from one of our Cushie friends this one was wonderful. I think it was Montel. Oh my there goes my wave length just snapped......ooops!

Luv

kimmy

• Chief Cushie

I saw this also and she'd got some misinformation in there - and CNBC posted it as a caption for her show.

This was my comment in my blog:

It's Nice She's Getting The Word Out But...

...it would be nice if facts were checked first. Both in the description of the video and in captions throughout from the CNBC interview, it says that the subject had "Cushings disease that created a brain tumor" rather than that she had a pituitary tumor that caused her Cushing's.

Oh well. Maybe Ms. Perkins-Rawle will help people learn about Cushing's who were unaware of this debilitating disease. THEN they, and she, can learn which comes first - the tumor or the disease.

Carol Perkins-Rawle on The Big Idea on CNBC part 1

Founder and Owner of Harry Barker talks about her international modeling days, her struggles with Cushings disease that created a brain tumor, which then inspired her to create Harry Barker.

~~~~~~~~~~~

On her website, one of her magazine articles calls Cushing's a kind of cancer. It's in the left column of this article.

CHS_3.JPG

Archived