Would you buy a urine hat?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a urine hat?

• Yes
    • No
    • I get them free from my endo/lab

• Chief Cushie

This was suggested in another topic.

Apparently, I could get a case of 100 but I don't know if that many people need them.

Specimen Collection Unit

By Kendall #KND4014 May be used as a urine collector, stool collector or catch for kidney stones. Easy-to-read calibrations. Fits inside toilet.

• 800cc
  • 28 oz

KND4014.jpg

• Member of the 1000 Post Club

I got one from the lab that is like this one, and it works very well.

-Jessie

My first 2 urine collections I had to use plastic cups, Boy would I have paid a lot for one of those nice pee hats back then. I didn't even know they had them.

• 4 months later...

WHEN I WAS FIRST TESTED FOR CUSHING'S IN MICHIGAN I WOULD HAVE PAID ANYTHING FOR ONE. THEY JUST DON'T GET HOW HARD IT IS TO PEE IN A CUP WHEN YOU HAVE SO MUCH EXTRA WEIGHT IN YOUR STOMACH, IT'S HARD TO GET AROUND A LARGE TUMMY. OUT HERE AT OHSU THEY GIVE YOU ONE WHEN THEY GIVE YOU YOUR JUGS. IN FACT RIGHT NOW I HAVE ONE OF THOSE AND A COUPLE EMPTY JUGS IN MY CLOSET WAITING TO BE USED. FUN TIMES!!

• Over 2000 Posts

I bet several people (myself included) would be happy to pay for the jugs. Beats trying to save urine in different containers only to thaw it out and transfer it later because you are still waiting for the doctor's office to send them.

• 2 years later...

I tried lots of different things (gogirl :::shiver:::hug: and this is by far the easiest to use. It doesn't transport easy, but I tend to do UFCs on days that I don't have to leave the house for long. I would TOTALLY have paid for one, but I found out what they were by getting one for free from Quest.

Vicki

• 7 months later...

I prefer a female urinal or the three sided cup that they gave me at Mayo, but now I understand why my mother was unsuccessful in using the female urinal now that you guys spelled it out. I just never connected the dots.

Sheila

• 3 months later...

Okay, now that I know I'm a boy on a "girls-only" thread, I have to ad this link:

The Go Girl

My "office little sister" ordered them for a road-trip she went on but failed to tell me they were coming to the office for her personally and not as... office supplies I guess. In any case, she was more than tickled to show them to all of us, and there's no forgetting that product name.

I'm not sure if this would be more or less useful than a hat, but if you found yourself having to do a 24ufc and a road trip all at once, or if you just want to give everyone in the office a chuckle, this might work for you.

I gotta say, collection is another one of those instances where it really seems like it's easier having boy-junk rather than girl-junk.

• 3 years later...

One of my lab tech's suggested I look into them...I bought one and it was not a pleasant experience.  Too much can go wrong, IMO.  And even working 80% of the time still means I'm losing 20% of my precious golden liquid (and it is a MAJOR pain to do these tests at the right time, I can't stand to waste a chance and wait longer).  So, worth a try, sure, but I don't think they work very well for us larger ladies.